Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Any suggestions?

We have this new boss, who is very young and inexperienced. Our old boss spoiled us terribly. She was always the first in the office and the last to leave. She posted the schedules so we always knew where she was and who was scheduled to come in when. She led by example. So how do we bring along our new boss? How can we coax her to show up on time, stay in the office while she is here rather than hanging out with her friends in other offices, take lunch hours that last 60 minutes instead of 75 or so?

She sent me home after an hour yesterday. I was delighted to have the time, but usually, since it's a twenty minute drive to work on a good traffic day, I like to stay at least two hours to make it worth my while. None-the-less, things were slow enough that it didn't make sense for me to hang around. I wended my way to the mall and, since it was mid-week and early in the day, I could have ridden a bicycle through the place. Lane Bryant had a shiny red blouse that will make a wonderful formal ensemble with my long black skirt. There was time to try it on, and there was that $15 off coupon that brought it down to an affordable price. so I now have my second formal outfit for the cruise. (The first is a lavender punjabi set with blousy trousers and a shin-length tunic heavy with beads and embroidery along the hem. Minimal embellishment at the neck makes for perfect display of my pearl necklace. Preen, preen! )

The pearl necklace is a talisman for me. DH buys me oysters with pearls in them. I drill and string them into an eccentric necklace of all colors and sizes. It's four strands now, and gets raves every time I wear it.

So, instead of drilling and re-stringing yesterdayy, I worked on my Western Romance. I needed a quiet, private time to do it since I was writing the really, really hot scene where the cowboy and the widow - ahem - well, you'll have to read the book. But I got in a good thousand words and was quite pleased with the results. Next Monday, sew the silk pants.

Knitting on the hot sunshine hat for George. And the silk blouse for the cruise is getting a row or so a day. With laceweight and size 1 neeedles, this could take years! Well, I'll be hosting knitting in two weeks. I should get a bit more done then.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:31 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    Pumpkin the Terrible is the man of our house - will blog about the fierce feline soon!
    The Nugget - where are you?

     
  • At 10:40 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    Oh I know - you were the crazy women who the police subdued!!!
    I couldn't find it on the on-line - it's on my desk at work and I look tomorrow!!

     
  • At 9:57 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    You're gonna be the envy of every woman on that cruise, including the ones who know half as much and behave half as professionally as the people they supervise.

     
  • At 12:01 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I have no suggestions with dealing with a boss...I am the queen of the passive aggressively snotty remark and the fruitless confrontation...if anything, learn from my negative example and do exactly the opposite of what I do...

    I'm so happy to hear your cruise wear is shaping up... and those size 1 needles don't go as fast as those size whoopty-12s, do they?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home