Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, October 02, 2006

I'm confessin that I love you . . .

I have another confession to make as well. Hope you will still love me afterwards. Here goes. DH and I are cruisers. We are dedicated disciples of the cruise industry. We are leaving in about five weeks for a week in the Caribbean: Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, Aruba and back to Puerto Rico. I will be blogging in deep detail about our travels and my enjoyment thereof. If you can't bear to listen to someone wax poetic about watching the sunrise from the balcony of their cabin while flying fish burst from the ocean at her feet, you will want to ditch my blog from your favorites list. If you don't want to share my dithering about which dresses to take for the formal nights, time to jump ship. If you can't stand to hear how other people blow their hard-earned money on frivolous things like rides on underwater motorcycles, you won't be able to STAND me!

And worse than all that, we spent two and a half hours yesterday with another couple and their two teen-aged children, planning another cruise for next year. We are corrupting the youth of America. Can you ever forgive us?

On the other hand, if you want a nice vicarious vacation, I write a good travelogue. Stick with me, baby, and I will give you a glorious ride!!

On the knitting front, I finished the wool and alpaca hat, washed it, slipped a dinner plate inside to block it (it's a tam) and it should be dry and ready to present by tomorrow. Then I cast on a Christmas present scarf. It's made with two shades of hand-dyed rayon chenille and a thick rayon braid. And it's sooooo soft. Size fifteen needles. Cast on six feet, knit a row, break off the yarn with a five-inch tail, add in the next color with a five inch tail dangling, and knit another row. (Actually, I love seed-stitch for a scarf.) Those dangling tails make nice fringe at the ends, (Knot together by threes.) and the different yarns make stripes the length of the scarf. Great way to use up the left-overs. And after knitting with size 1 and laceweight silk, it is astoundingly fast work. wheeee!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Ditch your blog? What are you, nuts? I would never want to miss one of your travelogues.

     
  • At 12:25 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Sometimes, there is no thrill like super-thick yarn and whoopty-twelve needles...

     
  • At 8:49 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Oohh, travelogues of cruises!! Never been on one, will go on one soon I think, but don't want one that is a singles fling.

    Dh will celebrate 20 years in 2 years, it may happen then. For now, I will live vicariously through your travelogue!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home