Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Love those big needles

Fat chenille yarn plus size fifteen needles equals a luscious scarf in four hours. I finished it off last night and cast on a sunny-bright sport-weight super-wash hand-dyed wool on size 5 sixteen inch circs. for a hat for our favorite waiter. I love knitting hats. Soooo mindless! The fingers know what to do, and the imagination can run off and play.

The October rains begin today. May we have much snow in the mountains this winter! The snowpack is our fresh-water savings account. Hope we make a great big deposit this year. The glaciers are melting away, and when they are gone, what will we drink?

Yesterday I got my side of the trade. I knitted this hat and mittens for MizB, and she beaded 21 gorgeous stitch-markers for me in rainbow hues. Wayyyy cool! I wanted them for gifts, but now I want to keep them all. No two are alike, so they would be wonderful for marking different changes in the knitting. Blue for k2tog, red for YO, yellow for PTBL, whatever. Greed and generosity at war in my breast. Maybe Miz B would like another hat? If I had MORE markers, it might be easier to give a few away. Today, I'll give her the set-o-warmth and get a photo.

We leave for the cruise in five weeks. I have to make myself a pair of silk pants to travel in; drill 7 pearls and re-string my necklace, adding them in: try on all my possible outfits to make sure nothing needs mending before I pack it: lay in a stock of travelin' snacks (trail mix is good, but a bit too tempting. I tend to eat it all before the return flight); And host the October knitting party. Gleep! I gotta get organized!! Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Maybe Miz B would teach you to make stitch markers?

     
  • At 9:19 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Now, girlfriend, it's only a one week cruise. And most folks don't dress up for them anymore except for formal night. Sigh. I miss the good old cruise days where you absolutely had to have an entire cruising wardrobe. It sounds like you never gave up on that. (Airplane travel used to be that way too.) Of course, back in those days sodas were free and the most expensive drink was $1.25.

     
  • At 4:13 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Love, luck, and lollipops, dear--I'm enjoying knitting vicariously through you! (And travelling too...)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home