Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, September 23, 2006

I refuse to catch this cold

My nose started running yesterday in spite of all the garlic and vitamin C I have been eating. (It's my own fault, I suppose. I can't forgo his hugs and kisses.) so I picked up some Zicam nasal swabs at the drugstore and am giving them a try. They are completely painless and easy to use, and this morning I have no symptoms. I'm supposed to continue swabbing my nose for today and tomorrow, just to make sure the cold stays gone. Geeze, this is almost too good to be true!

I'm up to the part of the mitten where the palm splits so the top can be pulled back to expose the fingertips for greater mobility. I have worked the overlap, and am trying to figure out how to get the cast-on part properly lined up onto the two circular needles again. Knitting both mittens at once is just a godsend for me. It keeps them symmetrical. Or at least more symetrical than they otherwise would be. Call me a cock-eyed optimist - assymetry is my friend!

DH and I might be going out for breakfast this morning, then I am off to the Flock and Fiber Fest. Wahoo! Jeans, sneakers, loud sweater, broad-brimmed hat, fanny pack. Maybe I should take a knapsack so I can carry more - or is that just asking for trouble? Oh, and camera. Mine is dead. Gotta pick up a disposable.

I'll pat an alpaca for you.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:57 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    I'll have to remember that Zicam thing. Have a great time! I'm off to the fair tomorrow and I'll pet a few sheep, too!

     
  • At 7:39 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Have fun at the festival. Dd and I decided not to go tomorrow, we really can't buy anymore yarn for a while, so we are forgoing the temptation. :( We also have close to 90 pounds of apples to sauce and dry, so our work is cut out for us!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home