Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, September 25, 2006

Another FO

The mittens are done. I usually do a thumb with a gusset, and these were just the slit and tube type, but they work just beautifully. Wool and alpacca blend, two-color stranded work. they should be WARM. And I think the flip top fingers will work OK. If they don't I know the recipient will let me know. DARN I wish I could do photos!

Julie got some nice pictures of the Flock and fiber Fest. check out her blog. http://julieloves2knit.blogspot.com/

If anyone ever plans on coming to visit Oregon, the last week of September is ideal. We are looking at temperatures in the 80s, broad sunshine, fall colors, and post-Labor day prices. There are harvest festivals every weekend, and the passes are still clear so you can cruise across the whole state. (2/3s of which has less than five people per square mile. There are parts of this state that are more than 30 miles from a paved road. And it's too dry out there to grow marijuana. Nothin but Sagebrush, tumbleweed, rattlesnakes, scorpions, a few antelope, bunches of jackrabbits, and gazillions of red ants. Paradise on earth -eh?

I got a response from my media e-mails. I'm going to give an interview to my hometown newspaper on Friday. Hooray!! Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:57 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Huzzah! An interview! I'm so excited for you--turn your face to the autumn sunshine, do a couple of helicopter turns and go knock-em dead!

     
  • At 8:57 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Huzzah! An interview! I'm so excited for you--turn your face to the autumn sunshine, do a couple of helicopter turns and go knock-em dead!

     
  • At 4:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    That's awesome - once you get your name bouncing around out there more calls will come in. I'm sure of it!
    Is your hometown newspaper on-line?

     
  • At 5:42 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Good luck, good luck, good luck! Always wishing you well (and I'll cross my fingers for good measure!).

     
  • At 9:56 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Awesome!! Let us know when it will be in print.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home