Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tuesday with sunshine

According to my Celtic horoscope, I am a willow tree. Also,

"You are a dreamer, and you're into almost any kind of escapism.Restless and capricious, you love to travel to exotic places.You are easily influenced by others, as long as they don't pressure you.You tend to suffer in love until you find that one loyal, steadfast partner.An empathetic friend, you love to make others smile and laugh"

OK to whom does this NOT apply?

As a willow, I am prone to insinuating my roots into all the neighbor's pipes. Maybe willows were nicer trees to the pre-indoor-plumbing Celts. (I DO love to see what goes on next door.)

Another gorgeous day. Amy, I will do five helicopter spins dedicated just to you.

On my way back to the car yesterday, I saw a toddler scampering just as fast as his fat little feeties would take him straight toward a flight of stairs. So I stepped in front of him and stood, impeding his imminent fall. He looked up, and up, and uuuuuup! I had the sun behind me and I was almost three times as tall as he was. He had black lamb-like curls, bright black eyes with thick long lashes, perfect round brown cheeks, and a nuk / noonoo / bink / pacifier plugged securely into the socket. I smiled. He turned and ran wailing back to mama and the older brother who probably was supposed to be watching him. A co-worker had seen the byplay and laughed and I remarked, "These freshmen seem younger every year."

2 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    I think you looked more like an oak to the li'l tyke.

     
  • At 12:38 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I too can make small children and animals run away screaming--but only when my hair is at full-on Napolean Dynamite mode...thanks for those helicopters, btw--I'll return the favor when it gets cool and windy here, and you are full on awash in NOvember rain...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home