Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

If it works for socks . . .

I am down to the armpits on my LOUD sweater, and since I am making it up as I go along, and there's no telling how far the yarn will go, I have decided to knit the sleeves at the same time, on two more circular needles. (Ahh, the joys of collecting many circulars in your favorite sizes!) This is pretty neat! I can knit off the outside of the ball on one sleeve, out of the center on the other. For a while, anyhow. I kind of like when the sleeves are fraternal, rather than identical twins. And God knows I don't want them to match the stripes on the body. Where's the fun in that? but if it gets to the point where I have to finish off with solid, I want to be able to ease the endings into being at the same time. Three circular needles in the lap looks sort of like a nest of mutant eels.

I went to my chiropractor yesterday. He is retiring. My vet just retired. I have been with these people for decades. How dare they get old enough to retire! I'm going to go find a nice young little female chiropractor who has to finess my creaky old back because she doesn't have the bulk to force it into place, and I will stay with her till I retire!! And the vet just down the street is young and kindly and always talks to the kitties, so she'll work out nicely. But no one else better retire this year. I have had it with finding new caretakers.

Ohhh, I'm going to be one of those old women, aren't I? "What's this? Tapioca pudding? Isn't this Tuesday? We always have vanilla pudding on Tuesday. What's all this change in aid of? What's next? Bingo on Thursday night instead of Wednesday? Where will it end?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home