Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

since I've been home

 We spent most of a week recuperating from colds.  Yesterday, Kyle went back to work, and I decided to make a stab at sewing down some of the stash.  I have boxes of fabric stacked up on my workroom floor and it looks like a shot from "Hoarders."  I have to edge between the piles.

So, with no plan in mind, I grabbed the first fabric that came to hand, and got started.  Thank you Lynn, Benita, and Wanietta. Do you recognize your contributions?  A light, warm comforter for some cold orphans somewhere.  Mexico City or Romania or maybe in Africa.  It brightens my eyes to play with colors and patterns.

Monday was Weight Watchers and I was so grateful for the feeling of accountability I took on the trip.  I'm up one eight of a pound.  Warm Chocolate melting cake, a couple of cocktails, even a few glasses of wine.  I managed to enjoy my cruise and still hold the line on the weight.


Today was another gorgeous spring day in Portland.  I was up on the campus of Clackamas Community College where they have a splendid horticultural Department.  There is a venerable Wisteria in front of the Community Center and it delights me more every year.  Thought I would share some of the delight with you.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:09 PM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    The quilt looks very exotic...you have let the beauty of your cruise influence you! Love the Listeria; it is out here, too.

     
  • At 10:17 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I love that wisteria. It must be old to be that big. On my drive home I always see 2 others even larger! Missed Chrysalis so missed you! So much to do here at my place.

     
  • At 5:03 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Nice job on maintaining!!!

     
  • At 7:50 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    The wisteria is wonderful, but holding your line on a cruse beats it.

     
  • At 9:56 AM , Blogger Indigo Roth said...

    Hey Roxanne! I like the wisteria. They have it all along the wall at Sidney Sussex College in Cambridge. Beautiful! Glad you're feeling better! Indigo x

     
  • At 8:43 AM , Anonymous benita said...

    So glad you are feeling better. That pop of purple really looks cool in that quilt. It's going to make someone's day much brighter.

     
  • At 11:59 AM , Anonymous Gerald C said...

    Thank youu for this

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home