Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Buzzzzzzz!

Remember when we were kids and we would fasten a playing card to the bicycle so it would make noise on the spokes?  Remember that noise?  That's how I feel right now.  Quite buzzed.  The ladies came over for tea (We really need a name for the group since mostly we don't knit anymore.  The Bad Grannies maybe?  The Conversationalists?")

I picked a nice bunch of snowballs from the backyard for a display on the sideboard that stores my tablecloths.

  And since there were going to be so many of us, I set up 8 places in the dining room and 6 in the living room.  (We circulate for chats and giggles.)


Mary Lou entrusted some of her lively china to me when she moved away, so, since she has moved back, I used it to set the tables.  Very fruitful!
We had egg-white frittatas, orange biscotti, almond meringues, fruit salad, and warm chocolate melting cake.  The cake made up in richness for all the other moderations.
I didn't have enough ramekins, but I went to the Salvation Army second hand store and found a bunch of sturdy glass mugs that worked perfectly.  I sent a few home to husbands or with ladies who couldn't finish their own portion right then, but did't want to abandon it.  I hope I get my mugs back.  (Hint, Hint!)













Linda joined us and brought Brewster the Rooster from Kauai,  Being the sweet gentleman that he is, he brought a bouquet for Baabette.

And Judy brought Becky, who rides along on the oxygen tank, so we had a very playful crew today.

Because people asked,here is the cake recipe:

Warm Chocolate melting cake
6 oz dark chocolate
6 oz butter
4 eggs – room temperature
6 oz sugar
2 oz flour
Melt the chocolate and the butter.
Mix eggs and sugar and whisk for a few minutes,
then add flour.
Add the egg mix to the melted chocolate and mix
Pour the batter into a greased mold.
Bake at 390 for 14 minutes
Serve with ice cream and fruit garnish  Serves 4

7 Comments:

  • At 8:11 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I wish I could have joined you all but have so much to do here and my energy level has waned so much. I will be glad when all this prep to even put my home up for sale is all done! That is so sweet for Baabette received flowers. I so miss that. Hubby used to provide for special days. Now she can stop and smell the flowers!

     
  • At 10:34 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Sounds like you have a perfect flock to hang with!

     
  • At 5:18 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Why do you need to change the name? It's still tea and knitting, it doesn't matter how little is accomplished, just the gathering is important.

     
  • At 8:44 AM , Anonymous benita said...

    What a gentleman Brewster is! Do I sense a romance a-brewing?

     
  • At 10:55 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Sounds like a fun time! :-)

     
  • At 9:47 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Hey, those of us in the living room were all knitting! Oh - Diane B. reminds us that courgette is pronounced to rhyme with Baabette.) To be "cour-jhay" it would be spelled courget. Thanks for another great party!

     
  • At 6:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a delightful party and tour! I copies the cake recipe and plan on giving this the old college try after the next grocery trip. Love seeing Baabette's social life.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home