Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, March 15, 2014

photos!

The sewing machine has been whirring lately.  I'm trying to  clear out the scrap pile, so I started with the red end.  I know the stripes on this one are all cattywampus.  They make me smile.


Red is so hard to photograph.  There are dozens more shades than show up here.  There was a decidedly zen-like pleasure to making this one.
Took a walk yesterday and got some spring colors to share with you.  How's it looking in your end of the world?
Blue skies and sunshine bring out the smiles and the gardeners around here.  The air was sweet with that scent of new-mown hay, and the song of the lawnmower was heard in the land.
Japanese quince at their most lovely.

Daffodils of various varieties, and windflowers.  I love that merry yellow!!
Here's a well-served cat.  The glass storm door is closed, protecting him from the March winds, but the wooden front door is open to let in the sun, and then someone dragged a chair over for him to lie there basking and watching the neighborhood in comfort.














Flowering current.  A local native.

I am very absent-mindedly involved in a monthly photo meme.  In February, we were supposed to take photos of stairs.  I stood at the top of thees and got a long-legged shadow.
These are from Autumn in the Japanese Garden.

March is supposed to be windows, I think.  I may have an idea . . .

6 Comments:

  • At 12:13 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Love your heightened shadow on the stairs. You sure do keep your hands busy! I have been in a continual sorting mode to get rid of many things and lighten my load. Seems to take forever.

     
  • At 6:04 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Love those photos, does the Japanese quince produce an edible fruit? Never mind I looked it up. Sort of, apparently jelly is the favored product made from them.

     
  • At 5:04 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    That cat looks so happy. Our trees are starting to bud and flower. Spring is almost here.

     
  • At 6:26 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I feel like a broken record but it snowed here today. Our bulbs are just tentatively sticking their little green bits out of the soil. I wouldn't blame them if they retreated!

    Spring looks so beautiful where you are. I know it will work its way over here. I'm trying to be patient.

     
  • At 7:11 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Great color in your quilt and your yard! Lovely stone stairway, too!

     
  • At 12:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    In motivating people, you've got to engage their minds and their hearts. I motivate people, I hope,
    by example - and perhaps by excitement, by having productive ideas to make others feel involved.

    #involved.
    www.mocsbar.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home