Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Teatime

The second Saturday  of the month heralds another knitter's tea.
 Black and white china on the embroidered and cutwork holiday cloth  with a green cloth underneath.  And little crimson carnations in the flower vase napkin holders.
I have such fun collecting my mis-matched china. And I'm especially fond of the black and white theme. (Oh heck, I'm especially fond of all of it.)
I had oranges and apples for the health-conscious, white-chocolate and coconut rum things, Rum balls, oatmeal cookies, scones with various jams, and curried chicken salad sandwiches.  The scones did not move very well, but everything else went down nicely.
 
Tea and coffee, of course, and sparkling raspberry juice in the goblets.






Lisa, MJ, Linda and Moma, making the party roll!

Pat, enjoying one of those coconut rum thingies.

(Pat's daughter, who has recently moved into an apartment, put toilet paper on the top of her Christmas wish list.  I tied a ribbon through a roll and sent it home with Pat for her.  "Tell her I was going to send cookies, but if she wants toilet paper . . .")

 Judy, Maggie, Sue and Mary Lou keeping the happiness level high.

 My dining room seats 12 if we crowd in.  There were 15 of us today, so I set up in the living room as well.  Goodies on the buffet.
Jenny, Tamara and Lynn














Mary Lou (she gets around) Diane and Cynthia.

These parties are such a treat for me!  I love to pause and listen to the music of our chatter and laughter.    What a wonderful, wonderful time we had!  Thank you so much, my dear friends, for making my day so delightful!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:23 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    So much pretty fun. Cool!

     
  • At 7:25 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I wish I could have been there but 2 other previous invites I had responded to took me away. Looks like all had fun. Sorry I missed MaryLou as saw her last when I took her to see a play!! I may miss January as heading to CA to surprise my mom for her 80th.

     
  • At 7:36 PM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    Beautiful spread...lovely gathering. Nothing beats good friends, food and KNITTING!

     
  • At 7:39 AM , Anonymous Sandy O' said...

    That looks like "Just Too Much Fun"! You do set a lovely table. Best to you!

     
  • At 10:46 AM , Anonymous Judy said...

    Thank you so much for making this feast for us to celebrate. It was wonderful.

     
  • At 5:12 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    What a fun party!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home