Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, December 15, 2013

I have this husband . . .

The grocery store we frequent has one of those arcade type machines out front with the claw that you can activate to try to grab a specific stuffed toy. Today I noticed that the machine was filled with Hello Kitty dolls and Smurfs.  Kyle and I began discussing the movie possibilities.  "Hello Kitty meets the Smurfs."  Is it a kid's show promoting tolerance and acceptance?  Or a horror film with a giant Hello Kitty destroying Smurfville?  I suggested a Hello Kitty VS Smurfs celebrity deathmatch on World Wide Wrestling, but Kyle said that Hello Kitty would just cloy the Smurfs to death.  It would be like drowning them in high fructose corn syrup.  But we went on to consider other possible celebrity death-matches.  Flo, the Progressive Insurance representative VS the Geico Gekko.  JK Rowling VS JRR Tolkein.

We proceeded on to the high-end supermarket where we buy our treats (also known as "Whole Foods / Whole Paycheck ) and invested in a sample of Italian Mortadella (priced about the same as pure gold) plus some interesting cheeses and a couple containers of Noosa Australian-style yogurt with passion fruit.  And on the way out, I saw some cookie cutters shaped like little martial artists so you could make ninja-boy cookies instead of gingerbread men.  I'm not a collector of cookie cutters though.  I have friends who make zombie reindeer for Christmas every year, and I applaud them for it.

Although exercising SOME restraint, I still gained weight this week.  Ladies' Tea does that to me.  In future, please remind me - I'm the only one who likes scones. I threw platefuls out to the birds, and STILL ate too many!

Today, it's eggwhites, dill pickles, oranges and apples.  Tomorrow is weigh-in and thinking light thoughts.  Feathers.  Snowflakes.  Steam.  Maybe I'll wear a swimsuit under my sweats, and strip down for weigh-in.  Maybe I'll just accept the setback like a grown-up and carry on.  (Roxie throws herself down on the floor, kicking feet, pounding fists and wailing, "NO!  Don't want to grow up! No! Won't!!")

7 Comments:

  • At 2:30 AM , Blogger Sheeprustler said...

    Gosh, i never thought of yaghurt with passionfruit as being particulary 'Australian', I eat it all the time!!

     
  • At 4:57 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I have a few new cookie cutters this year including a stegosaurus (who doesn't love dinosaurs at Christmas?)

    I also made sure to buy enough red frosting so that the ninjas and reindeer and dinos can bite and maul to their decorators' hearts content. I love making these cookies.

     
  • At 5:10 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Maybe I'll check our whole foods to see if they have those ninja cutters. I know someone who would love those.

     
  • At 5:12 AM , Blogger Delighted Hands said...

    This is a tough time of year for restraint! You will do better this week!

     
  • At 7:47 AM , Anonymous benita said...

    Just make sure you pee before the weigh in. :)

     
  • At 7:51 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    LOL I can just picture you on the floor having that tantrum.
    I am often told by friends and family that I suffer from Peter Pan syndrome--refusing to grow up. Mom says I should "act my age." I don't wanna!
    Some of the silly things I do does look ridiculous to others...oh well.

     
  • At 1:37 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    One of my friends bought me those ninja cookie cutters, and they were really fun! I made a huge batch to share with all my martial arts buddies.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home