Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, August 30, 2013

And next, we get this little biopsy

The ultrasound tests, though neat, were inconclusive (which is a good thing in a way because if the problem were obvious in ultrasound, it would be a big fricking well established, serious problem, and it's not) so they want me to go in to day for a temporal artery biopsy.  No solid food after  4 AM, only clear liquids after that until 11 and then nothing at all till they release me about five.  Part of me is in full-blown panic (I'll get HUNGRY!) but then my sane mind takes over and says, "You often go thirteen hours between meals.  Dinner to breakfast?"  Oh, yeah.

Anyhow, when Kyle got up at 3 to go to work, I got up with him and had three scrambled eggs with cheese, and a cup of hot milk with honey in it.  Then I went back to bed, feeling that I had put one over on them all.

Because it's surgery on the head, they are going to sedate me. Don't want me freaking out when things start squirting.  I'm told it will probably be up near the hairline - another scar on my noble brow.

I'm supposed to bring ID, credit card, medical card, and glasses.  I'm going to bring a hot-waterbottle as well.  Recovery is always cold as a meat-locker.  They are kind enough to give you a pre-heated blanket when they bring you in, but it cools down pretty fast.

Anyhow, this will tell them how serious the inflammation is, and give us a guess on how long I'll need to take anti-inflammatories.  Thank God for modern medicine.  30 years ago, I would have just gone blind.  And then probably had a stroke and died.  Now, I get to bore you with the details of all future medical processes as well.  Rejoice!

I was out for a walk in my neighborhood the other day.  There is a blackberry vine trailing over a fence and the berries have been picked about six feet up.  I can reach about 7 and a half feet if I stretch, and the berries up there were huge, juicy and so, so sweet!.  It's good to be the tallest kid in the neighborhood.



6 Comments:

  • At 11:47 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    That's great that they're getting right on it with tests and figuring it all out. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs!

    Those blackberries sound sooo good! Yum!

     
  • At 12:07 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Glad your getting checked out. I didn't know about temporal biopsy, sounds like something bones would say on Star trek.

     
  • At 1:06 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I am praying for the best of outcomes

     
  • At 6:58 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Great idea with the hot water bottle, cause it is always freezing. Hoping for good news and swift treatment.

     
  • At 6:14 AM , Anonymous Sandy O' said...

    "Unity is strength. Knowledge is power. Attitude is everything." This is part of the LiveStrong Manifesto. You get an A+ in all three!! My other mantra is "Never give up!" Go Girl!

     
  • At 1:33 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Your attitude is amazing. I have faith the docs are going to help you--anyone who knits and crafts for as many good causes as you are needs to have her vision.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home