Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, July 28, 2013

What's bugging you?

We are besieged by fleas.  I have been trying to go low toxicity and low expense, and the fleas couldn't be happier.  So we are preparing to bomb the hell out of the house, and dose the poor cats with Advantage.  When Kyle gets into the car and fleas jump off his shirt, it's time to bring out the big guns. We are open to any and all suggestions.

I will categorically state that both Kirkland and Sargent's topical treatments are as about as effective as dipping the cats in cold pee.  They hate it.  It stinks, and the fleas don't care one way or another.

On a more positive note, yesterday Kyle and I participated in another Volkeswalk. Yay us! At the end, I was dripping sweat from every possible point. There was a lot of hills on this one, and my Fitbit says we climbed the equivalent of 115 flights of stairs.  To celebrate, we went out out to Parrish restaurant downtown and I had a dozen raw oysters for lunch.  It was HEAVEN!!   Six Tillamook sweets and six Alaska golds on the half-shell.  It's wonderful how different the humble oyster tastes when it comes from different locations.  Then, on the way back, we stopped at our favorite market, Sherridan's and found the first figs of the season.

It was a lovely, lovey day
I sweat till I was moister,
then bathed and sauntered out
to feast on figs and oysters.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Good luck with your flea battle! That happened with a cat I had decades ago. I'd leave my apartment in the morning and find fleas on me. Horrible! They can sure be stubborn. I bet you'll get 'em with the flea bombs and Advantage!

    Sounds like a fun day you had yesterday! I've never had oysters...I'm kind of scared to. They look kind of yucky. lol :-)

     
  • At 1:57 PM , Blogger Indigo Roth said...

    Hey Roxie! Fleas? A pox on 'em. Take no prisoners! Indigo x

     
  • At 4:20 PM , Anonymous benita said...

    115 Flights of stairs? No wonder you were sweating.

    Good luck with the fleas. Nasty little buggers.

     
  • At 4:28 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Hate fleas, Love long walks. Love figs, Hate raw oysters.
    Good for you guys getting out to play.

     
  • At 6:36 AM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Advantage from April to November keeps us from bombing

     
  • At 7:54 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I HATE fleas! I have not had problems at all with them here in Oregon until this summer! I had to dose my 2 cats and spray the carpet with stuff the pet store sold. I seem to have stopped them..for now. I am told that I will have to continue as the eggs may be a problem later. I hope not.

     
  • At 8:15 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    We never had flea issues but had a terrible tick problem with our old dog. Had to dip the dog, bomb the house and spray the yard all on the same day before we finally rid ourselves of the nasty little things.(and that was after months of other attempts)

    Hope you are soon flealess!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home