Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

up and attem



All that time I spent lying about getting well did not go to waste.  I knitted DH a vest on size 1 needles.  Really, it was the perfect time, because it was SO simple, just knit, knit, knit till you fall asleep, then wake up and knit, knit, knit some more.  He's Mr. Low Key, and didn't want cables or colors or anything fancy. SO he got hours of my love, plain and simple. If you have someone you can share the flu with. and still love one another at the end, you have a love that can stand anything!






For Christmas, Janette in Oz knitted me a soft, warm, beautiful little scarf and I am wearing it almost daily.  The shape is perfect, and the lace is so dainty.  And of course, lavender is MY color.  (My inner 3 year-old loves pink, but lavender is much better with my grey hair.)



On Saturday we went grocery shopping, then sat around the house waiting for the plumber to arrive.  Our garbage disposal had sprung a leak.  Things used to be made to last.  I was suggesting that we could survive perfectly well without a garbage disposal.  We could get rid of the leaky one and just plumb things straight, without parts that would break down later.  DH then told me that we could also make do without a washer and  dryer, dishwasher, hot water heater . . . I stopped him.  I choose hot water every time.  So much for my petty attempts at thrift.

On Sunday, we headed out for a Volkswalk.  Unfortunately, the memo gave the wrong date, so we arrived a day late.   We just walked around the neighborhood till we got cold.  We got in nine thousand steps on Sunday!  Yay us!!  Saturday would have been a much better day for a walk, but we did, finally get the disposal fixed and that's important, too.

MJ and I got together last Wednesday and worked on a quilt.  I finished it off Friday.  The pattern is called, "Trip around the world," and it's for a young lady who will, I hope, actually take a trip around the world some day.  Now I need to get to work on a pink quilt for her sister.  There are 7 kids  in the family.  I may be piecing for years!

7 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Trip Around the World is one of my favorite quilt patterns and one I made for a niece some years ago.

    A whole sweater on size 1's?!? It was a good thing you could take map breaks from it. :)

    So glad to hear you are feeling better.

     
  • At 10:02 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    A whole vest while you were sick?! You're amazing! I love the scarf you got for Christmas. It's so pretty. Glad to hear you both are feeling so good again that you're able to get out and enjoy your walks. Have fun with all those quilts!

     
  • At 11:06 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    My cat deleted my post, helpful little critter. The sweater looks great.
    Glad you two are getting better, though even sick you produce great stuff.

     
  • At 11:52 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Yes, you're obviously feeling fine now if you are volkswalking and quilting.
    Love that shawl and the vest.

     
  • At 5:20 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    That purple scarf is beautiful. It's a perfect color for you and is feminine while still being useful.

    Our town does not allow garbage disposals. The sewer systems evidently can't handle them.

     
  • At 5:23 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Size ones? Are you sick?! Oh wait.

     
  • At 9:48 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Glad you are feeling better! The vest looks soft and cozy, and the quilt is gorgeous.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home