Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Hope for the future

Last night we attended a rocking twenty fifth anniversary party with friends of ours. They were born and raised in Russia, but moved to the US when their kids were 3and 5. Manyof their friends are also native-born Russians and by golly, they party better than we do! my favorite part was when the young men started doing that Cossak dance where they squat down and kick their legs out. Thighs of steel! DH and I even got out on the dance floor for some considerably more sedate moves. But the middle-aged Russian couples were dancing every dance, be it jitterbug, polka, waltz, or tango. When the men paused to go outside for a smoke, the ladies danced with one another. The daughter of the anniversary couple teaches Zumba classes, and was leading us through a routine for Gangnam Style when I finally ran out of gas. She and her brother and the nicest kids! They have social poise, excellent work ethic, all sorts of smarts,good looks and damn nice personalities. And their friends are just as nice. F or example, the young man who is a post anesthesia nurse, heck of a fine dancer, and kind enough to flirt with an old woman when there are two pretty young woman at the same table.

There was a bottle of vodka at each table. It was much better than any vodka i've ever had! It still loosened the top of my head (hence the flirting with young men) but it left the skin on my tongue and the enamel on my teeth. Dinner was an opulent Chinese feast. It was a wonderful, wonderful evening!

On the way home, we saw a short section of the highway strewn with teddy bears and other stuffies, and their assorted parts. Fuzzy white and brown legs and ears and tails fluttered in the draft of passing cars. One of my long-time wishes has been granted. Someone snuffed the whole Snuggle Bear family! I despise the Snuggle bear -- saccharine little flocker!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:12 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Peter Kevin works with a Russian. He describes their get togethers and I am not sure I have the stamina! What a great party. I'd have to leave the vodka alone. Alcohol has a tendency to put me to sleep. I love to meet young folks like that. It makes up for all the sullen,unpleasant ones you see so often.

     
  • At 1:55 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Were they suicidal teddy bears or had they been assassinated?

     
  • At 5:15 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    20+ years ago when the Snuggle bear was all the range, we would sell out of them at the airport shop I worked at faster than we could stock the shelves. If I never see another one, it will be too soon.

    Have a Merry Christmas - but I'd say you were off to a good start.

     
  • At 5:44 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Wow, I guess they really know how to PARTY.
    There's a facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Snuggle-Bear/194185562982

     
  • At 11:33 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Sounds like an AMAZING time!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home