Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, January 26, 2013

sitting up and taking nourishment

It's been two weeks we've been down with this flu thing.  DH has lost 20 pounds.  It's not fair!  I ate very little more than he did and I'm down only 8 pounds.  It's emotionally trying when your beloved is 30 pounds lighter than you are.  Clearly, I come from a line of people that survived through illness and famine.  No pining away for this kid!  We are both feeling vastly better, and even have started to eat a bit.  We didn't have the Noro virus, thank God,  just the 18 day flu.  And nothing tasted good.  See, there's his advantage.  If nothing tastes good, he won't eat.  I'm a clean plate ranger and will ignore the taste because it's my job to eat, whether I want to or not.  Early training and the control issues of a mother who believes that if she loves you, she will feed you, and if you love her, you will eat.

In America, do kids who are picky eaters ever starve to death?

Often I say that I skipped blogging because nothing has been happening.  We have been sleeping 15 to 18 hours a day and have not left the house except to get the mail for freaking ever.  We are starting to get shack-nasty, but are still to puny to do anything about it.  Thank God for the laptops!

And really, for the past two weeks, nothing has happened here.

14 Comments:

  • At 5:33 PM , Blogger LA said...

    Bless your heart!!! That was one nasty bug! It's nice to see you well enough to blog.

     
  • At 5:40 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    So glad things are (slowly) bettering....!!

     
  • At 7:25 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    18 days is to much. Borrowing logic from american dinners. GET WELL NOW!

     
  • At 7:59 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

    Glad to hear you're feeling better.

     
  • At 9:27 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Clean plate ranger and shack nasty. You my friend make me laugh at "nothing."

     
  • At 8:04 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I am happy to know you are feeling better. About not eating: think about how low your food budget for January is going to be :)

     
  • At 9:46 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Isn't it amazing how much energy it takes just to sit up, take nourishment and turn on the laptop? Glad you are on the mend!

     
  • At 4:17 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    So sorry to hear you and your hubby have been so sick. That was a long time and a lot of weight to lose. So glad you're feeling better. Keep it up!

     
  • At 7:34 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    YAHOO! You both survived!!

     
  • At 12:21 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    You poor gal! Man, that was one nasty bug!

    Still, I'd love to lose 8 pounds, but not quite the way you did. If something could kill my appetite without getting sick that would be awesome.

     
  • At 1:48 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    YOu're getting better-- which is good! I was getting worried!

     
  • At 2:09 PM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    I am still worried that Kyle is seriously dehydrated, even assuming he ate nothing....
    Glad you are feeling some better.

     
  • At 5:17 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Glad you're better.

     
  • At 5:44 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    It's too quiet over here. We miss you!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home