Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, January 12, 2013

January tea

 If you couldn't come, you missed a good party.  Angel food cake with strawberries in orange syrup,  gingersnaps, plain shortbread, chocolate/hazlenut shortbread, sausage bites in phylo  crust,  tangerines, tea, coffee, and chocolate wine.

I got out the blue and white tablecloth and the blue and white china.  It's rather a surprise to me how much blue and white china I have.  And last Christmas, LG made me a set of blue and white napkins and napkin rings.  We loves them, we does!  Every napkin is a different print, and the napkin rings are knitted, felted, and adorned with a glorious selection of buttons - no two alike.  What fun!


The table looked quite pretty, and the party-goers were, as always a joy and a treat!   



 I got out the hats that I inherited from Mom.  Mom loved hats with feathers.

Hallie is too cute!

Barb is looking seriously regal
Merilee is rosy!  (Mom wore this hat to my high-school graduation.)
This isn't a good photo of Pat.  She looked so elegant and sophisticated in this stylish black number with the big white bow.  With a little black sleeveless dress, elbow length black gloves, and nice black pumps, she could give
audrey Hepburn a run for her money!

Other folks got photos as well.  Want to share?

6 Comments:

  • At 7:13 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Love the blue and white!
    What fun to wear the hats.

     
  • At 7:24 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I love people in hats. you have a wonderful collection.

     
  • At 7:59 PM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Oh you have the best parties!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:49 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Hold on while I wipe the drool from my chin. boy, everything looks so tasty! I wish I could have been there but this work that had to be done because of the leak had to take priority. Sigh...darn.

     
  • At 8:57 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Your monthly event looks like so much fun! Sure wish I lived close by. Your table looks beautiful and the treats sound yummy!

     
  • At 5:20 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Love that blue and white set up.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home