Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, February 07, 2013

starting at 3 AM

DH and I are on vacation.  (The house-sitter has a 357 magnum and a hungry rotweiler)  We got up at 3 so we could make it to the airport by 4 so we could get through security in time for our 6AM flight. Which took off late because they had to de-ice the plane.  When we got above the clouds, we could see the peak of Mt. Hood from Timberline up.  The lodge was brightly lighted and the ski-lifts sparkled like stars against the glaciers.  Dawn was still hanging fire just below the horizon, and the flight was smooth as silk.  by the time we got over Utah, the clouds broke, and we had the Rockies spread out in snowy glory under us.  I am SO glad I don't live there!!  We got into Houston 5 minutes late and made our connection with time to spare.  Flying along the coast of Texas and Louisiana was fascinating.  Big boats and drilling rigs out in the ocean, strings highway stretched out from one hummock to the next, and low clouds throwing shadows across the water.  It stayed smooth till we got over Florida where we encountered big thunderheads and a couple of exciting bounces.  And at last we landed in Miami.  It's warm here.  People run around in summer clothes in the first week of February.  There are big happy palm trees and little happy birds.  My niece and her husband are here as well.  And on Saturday we will be going on a cruise.  Squeeee!!


3 Comments:

  • At 7:04 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Yippee!, I find it a little hilarious that you are coming to my coast for a cruise and this summer I will be coming to your coast for the same!

     
  • At 8:12 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Lucky you guys. Sunshine and warm weather, It's going to be a great cruse.

     
  • At 9:11 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Sounds like a wonderful trip already and you haven't even boarded the boat! Have a wonderful cruise!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home