Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Season's greetings

 We had a snowfall.  It won't last, but I did manage to get a photo.  Winter is really here I guess.  It's nice and chilly outside, but still above freezing.  Still, I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere today.

Instead, I get to sit at home and knit.  Happy, happy, fun, fun!  I have a list of fish hats that still need to be made. Then I want to knit a vest for DH, and I need a couple of quick stocking hats for me.  I'll be knitting busily for a while.  I'm all cozy and comfy in my chair, listening to a book on the computer (Agatha Hetrodyne and the Clockwork Princess) and quite content.
The young fellow who asked for this hat wanted it to be, "Dark blue only with white stripes like Nemo."
His sister wanted "Pink and fuzzy and sparkly."  I knocked that one out of the park here!

Now I'm working on a purple fish.  Then,one in lime green with pale blue.  I have to pick up some lime green yarn.  Pink,purple,sparkly, fuzzy,navy, white, pale blue, I have all of that covered, but not lime green.  Yet.

9 Comments:

  • At 2:21 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    The fish hats are so cool. Nice colors. I live low enough that nothing stuck. That was fine with me, I hate driving in the snow.

     
  • At 5:56 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Happy knitting inside your cozy home with that winter wonderland outside. How fun!

     
  • At 6:12 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

    Moma and I saw a nice dusting up at Pittock Mansion today.

    Great hats. I always approve of headgear that makes you look like you're being eaten by a fish.

     
  • At 5:09 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I didn't know the girl genius books were available on audio. I'll have to look for them!

    I love the pink fuzzy sparkly hat. What a spectacular fish that would make.

     
  • At 8:31 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    All of the fish hat recipients should stage some sort of aquarium like picture for you. Isabella Rossellini videos without the animal sex Anne geddes without the babies.

     
  • At 6:14 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    What? You don't have any lime green? But, you're a magpie.

     
  • At 7:08 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    That pink one is every little girl's dream hat. So cool!!

    The tea cozy you knitted for me is getting lots of use right now. With as cold as it is here, nice hot tea is lovely!!

     
  • At 12:06 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    We must dub you Master Knitter Roxie!!

     
  • At 11:34 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Let's hear it for fish hats on cold winter days!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home