Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, December 13, 2012

more fish

Shopping for buttons for the eyes was an interesting exercise .  I think these turned out rather nicely.  A young fellow at the bank offered to buy one from me. We'll see if he's interested when I tell him it took 12 hours and ask how much he thinks my time is worth.  If he changes his mind, I'm sure there are lots of other homes for it.
My dental hygienist wanted a hat for her brother-in-law, and she appreciates the value of my time, so this one is for her and we'll work out a reasonable price for it.  It's Lorna'sLaces alpaca and merino. Quite a handsome fish with those red eyes.

I'm going to the dentist tomorrow to have fillings replaced, so I can deliver it then.
Ben cat has a nice cozy nest on top of a bookshelf. Doesn't he look content?

8 Comments:

  • At 3:32 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I love the bluegill. Your hats are a hit wherever you go.
    Ben looks very comfortable on his perch.

     
  • At 7:35 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Designer fishes by Roxie. One day I will see someone on the street wearing your hat!!!

     
  • At 4:57 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    And he matches the baskets so well. What a pretty boy.

    12 hours? Hmmm. I could find 12 hours to make one of those but I have a feeling it would take me a bit more. I knit slow.

     
  • At 8:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Beautiful fishes abound! The red eyes make the hat in the second picture.

     
  • At 5:18 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    So, can you knit these without looking at the pattern yet? I love the eyes on the purple one.

    Kitties and baskets just go together very well.

     
  • At 6:41 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I'm sure you could find 12 hours of yard work to do, after he buys the yarn.

     
  • At 11:59 AM , Blogger knittergran said...

    I have yet to try a fish hat, but I did make an elephant hat for my grandson when he was 3. He was afraid of it!

     
  • At 11:35 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    He looks lovely and the fish hats are STILL cracking me up!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home