Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, December 09, 2012

That was the best wedding!


My niece just planned and executed the nicest wedding I have ever, in 62 years of life, ever attended.  Nothing went wrong.  She didn't miss a step or a detail.  Every thing that could possibly be done to make the guests feel welcome and honored was done with a bow and some glitter on it!  And we all enjoyed it so much!  Now all I have to do is figure how to get hold of some of those awesome professional photos.

The DJ had a dance for the groom and his mom.  Since my brother, the bride's father has passed away, I figured I should step up.  She is such a good sport!  We had a ball, but couldn't figure who should lead.
 
Cheryl and Auntie Roxie

We had a lovely sit-down dinner, and finished it off with a "candy bar" buffet.  Everyone got a pretty little paper sack and a little scoop and we were turned loose on jars of chocolate-covered malted milk balls, a vase of butter mints, yogurt coated almonds, raisin and vanilla jellybeans, caramels, rock candy swizzle sticks, and some divine gummy things called coconut slices.  What fun!


The cake was lovely.  We stayed for the slicing andI am proud to report that they behaved like grownups, feeding one-another neatly rather than succumbing to the folks who exhorted them to mash it into each other's faces.  Unfortunately, the groom did give the bride a fierce bite on the fingertip.  DH and I left before we ate any cake, though. Between the chocolate wine and the excitement of the occasion and the general all round jollity, I gave the groom a pat on the fanny.  Really, it was just an affectionate pat on the cheek.  But I realized that, kindly though I feel toward the lad, it had been about 30 hours since I first met him, and clearly, my judgement had become seriously impaired, so it was time for me to retreat.

It was a splendid time and DH  and I were sad to leave this morning, because we made so many new friends.

Oh, and I got orders for lots and lots more fish hats.
T

8 Comments:

  • At 7:21 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Everyone should have an aunt Roxie! Beautiful!

     
  • At 7:51 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I am so glad there was no cake smashed into faces. Whoever started that idea should be shot! No bride wants to have her make-up ruined and be covered in frosting and cake.
    You sound like it was fun and am glad all went well for the entire event.

     
  • At 10:00 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Beautiful and fun. I love the candy bar.

     
  • At 5:21 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    That's an awesome looking cake!

     
  • At 8:25 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    That is so funny! At least he'll never forget you. :)

    I am so glad the wedding went off so well.

     
  • At 6:41 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    What a lovely wedding. I like it when someone says they had a good time at a family event. So often, it goes the other way....

     
  • At 12:13 PM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    So, did you remember everyone's name?

     
  • At 11:38 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I'm sure he appreciated the attention from a classy woman and a fine dancer. Seriously-- it looks like you had an amazing time!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home