Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, October 01, 2012

snorf, hack,hack

While DH flew to LA and attended a family funeral, I have been wheezing around the house, lying limply in the recliner and trying to find enough energy to hobble to the bathroom.  He is returning home today. (cries of joy and desire to dance in celebration.)  He sent me a picture from the LA airport to let me know the marvelous treats I have been missing.  His breakfast: egg-salad sandwich and medium mocha, cost $15.  Yeah,  they get you through screening, and you are at their mercy.  What's to keep them from charging $150 for a sandwich? Flying just isn't any fun any more.


9 Comments:

  • At 10:42 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Holy poop! Kinda spensive. Sorry to hear about loss of one of DH's family. I hope you get better soon.

     
  • At 10:45 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    When we used to fly, I always had goodies in my carry-on bag for everyone: cookies, nuts, fruits snacks, raisins, etc. and we each carried a drink to have until we got onto the plane.

     
  • At 10:46 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. I hope you have a better week! That's an expensive little meal! I hope it was good.

     
  • At 11:36 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Hope you feel better soon! If you ever come down to LA I'll take you on a fabric district jaunt :)

     
  • At 9:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah, traveling isn't much fun, any more. I attributed it to my getting older and grouchier, but now I'm sure it's the long lines, uncomfortable seats, and bad food.

     
  • At 10:25 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Doesn't sound like either of you are having a good week. Feel better soon!

     
  • At 4:41 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I hope by now you are feeling more comfortable and DH is rested up from his fleecing at the airport.

    that's an outrageously expensive breakfast!

     
  • At 5:08 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    What did the doctor say? Hope you're better soon.

     
  • At 7:43 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Was flying ever fun? Not in my experience, anyway.

    I hope you get to feeling better. Having a stuffed up head is not fun, either.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home