Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, September 13, 2012

success

So, in order to get myself going on the treadmill, I downloaded the entire season of Firefly, put on my sneakers, propped the laptop on the treadmill dash, and started episode one.  I was sucked right in!  I walked and walked at 3.5 miles an hour, delighting in the characters and the plot twists,chuckling to myself at the obvious commercial breaks done without commercials.  At last I realized I was getting kind of tired, and checked my watch.  Hey, the first episode is two hours long and had fifteen minutes to go!  Hooray for distractions!  I put in in almost 7 miles without noticing it. Of course, I was dehydrated and creaky for the rest of the day, but boy, does Firefly do the trick!

Also, my writing group meets on the second floor.  the staircase goes up one more flight to a roof entry.  I took both flights when I got there, and did the second flight one more time at the end of the session.  I rock!

Trying to figure when I can get another hour of Firefly on the treadmill today.  Trying to figure how to get in some exercise?  Who AM I?

4 Comments:

  • At 8:26 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    That sure must be a good show to not realize how long you'd been walking until near the end! Good job on your long walk!

     
  • At 11:44 AM , Blogger mplanck said...

    You totally rock, Roxie. :-) Now what is Firefly and how do you get it going on a treadmill? Signed, your technically challenged Ludite friend

     
  • At 12:16 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    You are now obsessed!! For a woman to lose one pound after the age of 55 she must exercise twice the amount as she had before! Not fair! I alread read that a man loses weight faster with the same amount of exercise. They get all the breaks!

     
  • At 5:12 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Wait until Jayne's Town.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home