Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Today, I'm phlegmish

I have caught that cold.  The bronchial one with the wheezing, and the coughing, the fever, and the sinuses filling up till it feels like your teeth will shoot out of your mouth like bullets.  That one.  I was coming down with it on Sunday, hence my less than Viking Berserker approach to the OFFF.      I spent Monday tucked up in the recliner, waiting for the folks who were scheduled to pick up my old car for donation to the local publicly supported Jazz radio station. I waited.  And waited.  Repeatedly, the fever would peak, and break and I would be awash with sweat.  I smelled like a funky old horse blanket that the rats peed on. But you know, just as soon as you get nekkid with the water running, that's when they'll show up, tap timidly on the door, and getting no response, they'll leave.  Couldn't have that.  So I drank hot tea and listened to Monster Hunter Vendetta and knitted and worked on breathing.  At last, DH came home and I turned the waiting over to him.  Soon as I got into the hot foamy suds, you guessed it, they came.

But DH is a man of resource and intelligence and handled the whole thing so neatly and tidily that I was not needed at all. God, I love that man!

We are headed to LA for a family funeral this weekend, and he's beginning to sound stuffy and bronchial.  We're going to need drugs.  Can I still get sudaphedrin to keep our sinuses open during take off and landing?  Benedryl will open things up, but it leaves us both so dopey - and you don't want to face LAX fee;ing dopey.  That airport is an altered state in and of itself.

The equinox has come and gone.  Looks like this will be  the 3rd driest September on record.  If we don't get a load of snow this winter, we're going to rationing water next year.  Happy autumn!

9 Comments:

  • At 8:40 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

    Hope you feel better soon!

     
  • At 8:50 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    The single heart shaped leaf in the midst of the oaks is poetic.
    Sage tea will speed things along and make you feel a little better.
    Get well soon.

     
  • At 8:37 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    Be well friend, be well.

     
  • At 9:58 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    "I smelled like a funky old horse blanket that the rats peed on." Now that is some nasty smell! I cannot imagine you ever smelling that bad!! Hope you are better soon. Saying a prayer for you both.

     
  • At 9:21 AM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Get well soon!

     
  • At 10:17 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Bless your stuffy head! Sorry you have to go to a funeral, but I'm sorrier you have to travel while sick. Get to feeling better soon.

     
  • At 11:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I missed you today. Hope you're feeling better soon.

     
  • At 5:15 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    (hugs) Feel better soon.

     
  • At 6:17 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    So you flew in to LAX during Carmageddon II and with a nasty cold? Crazy woman. I'm sorry for the occasion, too.
    We are in LA this weekend too but not for a funeral. We're dog sitting.
    Feel better!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home