Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

free-range walks

Maggie and I took a walk to Elk Rock Island yesterday morning.8 AM is SOOO beautiful on the river.  

The big white building on the left is a private residence.  Something like 5 stories, right on the river - what a castle!  The buildings on the right are condos. Awesome view.
I love the way the boat-dock ramps are reflecting here.  It looks like a Rohrshach test.   And see how the trees are just starting to turn?  I should come down here once a week for the next month or so and get progressive pictures.

There are forest fires upwind of us, which have filled the air with smoke, hence thegolden cast to the light.
Our walk was just delightful!  Not too warm, not too much traffic, and oh, such beautiful old houses.  We climbed the equivalent of 9 flights of stairs, and got in over 4 thousand steps.  Taking walks with friends is even more fun than taking the treadmill with Firefly.

Afterwards, we went to Maggie's house and sat on the deck with her partner, enjoying the light and the morning, and drinking tea.  I sweat like a pony so my t-shirt was soaked. Maggie's partner immediately pulled out a t-shirt to loan me.  There is something about wearing someone else's clothes - it's an honor and a blessing.  I said it made me feel as if we were sisters.  "Oh good," they said, "when will we have our first fight?"  We decided to fight over the fact that I was wearing her t-shirt.  "You stay out of my closet!"

Life is so good right now.  Yes, I know hard times and bad things will come, but I am going to exhault in the joys and pleasures I have in this moment.  Sunny days, wonderful friends, the time and freedom to take morning  walks, the beautiful places to take them, and the strength and flexibility to climb the equivalent of nine flights of stairs.  Thank you, God!


7 Comments:

  • At 6:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    definitely a gorgeous walking route!!
    I was reminded in my meditation course that all things are impermanent - good and bad - and that is why enjoying each moment is so important.Enjoy!!!

     
  • At 10:29 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I applaud your dedication to the walking. Sometimes I am a night walker. Now that made me sound like a vampire. LOL Walking in the evening is like strolling through a darkened gallery. Every window has a picture, a story to tell. Plus I hear the frogs and crickets and evening sounds much better when things slow down or stop.

     
  • At 10:55 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    You have fun friends. And what a lovely walk. I love the reflections on the water.

     
  • At 12:08 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Beautiful photos Roxie.
    What a joyful time for you.

     
  • At 4:41 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Enjoying whatever part of your life you're in is a blessing. To be content in the NOW (knowing full well it won't last) makes for a more contented person.

    You have some beautiful areas to walk in. The river looks so quiet and still.

     
  • At 5:14 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Love the colors of fall, almost as much as I love spring.

     
  • At 8:05 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    There really is nothing better than that feeling, however transient, that all is well with the world.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home