Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Thrice

I hit the tread mill yet again!  Yay for meee!!However, the 3rd episode of Firefly ran only 44 minutes, so I had to watch 15 minutes of "Downton Abbey" to get in my full hour of exercise.   (3.5 mph at 1% incline.) Then I carried the laptop into the bathroom with me and watched the rest of the episode from the bathtub.  God, I LOVE being retired!  No schedule, no stress, no expectations.

All this was after I spent time in the yard watering our volunteer squashes, watering our planters, and picking cherry tomatoes.  It goes without saying that for very three tomatoes that went in the basket, one went into my mouth.  I'm gonna break out in hives pretty soon, but oh my stars and garters, sun-warmed tomatoes fresh off the vine are food of the gods!  Then, for about half an hour, I terrorized blackberries and made them feel unwelcome. They fought back valiantly, piercing my leather gloves and scratching the hell out of my forearms  When the blood trickles into your gloves and makes them slippery, it may be time to consider toxic chemicals.  I can't help thinking though, that if I have to resort to Crossbow, then the blackberries have won.

Tomorrow, the local farmer's market sets up downtown. Every Sunday during the summer, folks bring their produce and services to the parking lot across from the city hall.  I'm thinking of taking some work for the knife sharpener.  I have a Gurkha kukri that is just about sharp enough to slice warm butter.  If I carry it in my knapsack, does that make it a concealed weapon?  Just walking down to the market for some fresh beets isn't too motivational, but I would like to get an edge put on the knife.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:14 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I think it okay to tote the knife as long as you do not flash it around or pull it out and announce. "say hello to my little friend!"

     
  • At 7:32 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I've never watched firefly, I guess I'm going to download it now.
    As far as I know they are not doing random checks yet downtown.
    It is a concealed weapon if they want it to be.

     
  • At 10:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Or compare it to a smaller knife by saying, "Now, that's a knife!!" with an Aussie accent.

     
  • At 4:16 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    ...and if they do say something, just say, "This knife? Oh, I am here to get it sharpened. It is too dull to cut anyone, er, I mean, anything up." LOL Just kidding.

     
  • At 8:05 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Congrats on all the walking! And finishing up with Downton Abbey? There are worse ways to go, don't you think? ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home