Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Aaaannnd it's a quilt!

MJ and I have been working on this quilt for her eldest for over a month.  Finally, today, I drove over to her house, picked up MJ, the quilt and her bicycle in my shiny happy car, and brought them to my house.  We went through my yarn stash and got just the right yarn, spread it out on the dining room table, and tied hundreds of knots to secure the batting inside the pieced cover.  He's a cook on a research vessel, so MJ decided to use commodities for a theme.  There are pineapples, potatoes, tomatoes, eggs, peaches, onions,beers and wines in the prints.  It looks-ahem - good enough to eat. 

Then I used the fabulous tomato sauce which DH has been making from the backyard tomato crop to make home-made soup (it tastes so FRESH!) And then, MJ, being the active and intrepid cyclist she is, rode her bicycle the thirty or so miles back to her home.  I was so motivated by her example that I did all the dishes, cleaned the festering letterboxes, did the laundry, and took out the re-cycling and the garbage, all beforeDH got home!  Woohoo!  Then he and I fell into our side by side lazyboys, started checking on the e-mail, and I fell asleep.  This bug really kicks the buns!  But every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better.

Today, I have blown most of the morning watching the recording of last night's Dancing with the Stars. Giles Marini is so freaking hot! I've watched his tango about three times and have saved the recordings for future reviews.  Fifty shades of Giles, baby!

On the knitting front, I'm finishing up a double-knit cap to co-ordinate with a pair of double-knit mittens.  And then DH wants me to make a MickeyMouse hat for our Californian great nephew.  Today, I'm going shopping for black, white and red wool.  M I C (see ya real soon) K E Y (why? Because we like you!) M O U S E !

5 Comments:

  • At 5:10 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Take it easy there. You're still recuperating. I love the food quilt! What a great idea. Food is so colorful. You and MJ are a great team.

     
  • At 5:21 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Awesome quilt!

     
  • At 10:57 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    That is such a cool quilt! I am sure the Mickey Mouse cap will be enjoyed!

     
  • At 4:10 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Beautiful quilt. My Grandma used to tie quilts. I used to love to play with the colored ties. 13 difireri

     
  • At 12:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Stop being so active. You're showing up the rest of us.

    What a wonderful quilt. He'll treasure it.

    I hold my breath each time MJ rides home. People drive like the asphalt is on fire on the road to her house.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home