Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The season is turning

I could see my breath on the air yesterday morning.  Orion is watching me walk to and from the paperbox, and the light has that September color.  Why does it not look like this in the spring, when the sun is at the same angle? Probably, the omnipresent spring cloud cover has something to do with it.  Not enough light to throw a shadow in the spring.  But now, shadows are leaning to the north as the sun slides southward.  The cloudless skies thicken with dust and humidity. Leaves are starting to fall.

Of course, they are also predicting 90 degree weather tomorrow.  In September, you get it all!

For breakfast, today, I had the last of the blackberries dunked in fat-free yogurt, and sprinkled with oatmeal cookie crumbs.  It was HEAVEN!  Then I downloaded the entire "Firefly" TV series to motivate me to get on the treadmill and walk it all off.  I need all the help I can get.

I went for walkies with Maggie yesterday.  The Fitbit tells me that climbing the hills in her neighborhood equalled seven flights of stairs.  Woohoo!

We passed a guy walking three dogs. Clearly, he was the Leader of the Pack! I stopped to talk. He remarked that even though one dog belonged to his wife and one belonged to his daughter, he still was the one who got to walk them, even after a ten hour shift at work.  And I didn't get the hint!  (I'm tired lady.  Please let me get the dogs walked so I can go home to bed.)  I chattered on, wondering why Maggie didn't come over and join us.  It was my day to be clueless.  All I had to do was look at her to see that she didn't like big dogs.  And trusting idiot that I am, I always want to stick my face down in among them to get my ears licked.  One of these days, I'll get bitten.  At least I had sense enough to ask if I could go up to the dogs. before I invaded their space.  I get out in the sunshine, and those exercise endorphins get charging around my system,  and life is so wonderful that I just love everyone, and I think that everyone loves me.  Those endorphins have a lot to answer for!

DH is working this weekend, so I am trying to plan a few fun things to do so I won't miss him too much.  Things that don't involve food.  Anyone want to go for walkies with me?  A morning at the Japanese Gardens? Wanna go to the zoo? Maybe there's an early showing of Expendables 2.  I'd sort of like to see "Grumpy Old Heroes." Love that we boomers are dragging our stars along as unchanged as we can make them.  I don't care if you're sixty five years old, Arnie.  We want you to jump off this wall toting a rocket launcher, knock out three buff young guerrillas, meet up behind that wall with Sly who is carrying the bag full of rockets,  fire one between Bruce and Van Damm, and blow up the ammo dump. Then run like hell, while being wry and witty.  Aaaaannnnd - ACTION!


5 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Do hope you will be at Chrysalis today and energize your creativity! You hae so much energy! I could see you in an action movie!!

     
  • At 3:29 PM , Blogger LA said...

    Us Baby Boomers still have some moves left....enjoy your walkies!!!!

     
  • At 7:58 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    In the summer we ae waiting for the shadows. In the winter we are waiting for the light. Maybe the change is the same only we're different.

     
  • At 4:30 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I had the same kind of thought about the angles of the light and the quality of the early morning light in the spring vs fall. And how much faster it seems to change in the fall. It feels like just last week we were leaving for work in full sunshine and now I need the headlights.

    I like the shortening of the days because it signals the hunker down and cuddle time of the year. After this summer of horrid humidity, I am looking forward to needing blankets and cuddling again.

     
  • At 5:01 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    It's all about perspective. 60 degrees in spring is warm and inviting to go with a light jacket. 60 degrees in fall is chilly and we're grabbing for the same light jacket - but we're cold.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home