Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

walking to the yarn store

I'm trying to get more exercise.  DH bought me a Fitbit tracker to help me and after I drowned the first one (they suggest wearing it in the center of your bra. I perspire freely, and it's been really hot lately.) and ATT replaced it. (I wear it on my waistband now.  It's less of a collection point.) I decided today to walk down to the local yarn store.  On the way, I paused at the duck pond next to the library. and took photos.






















I was looking for yellow yarn to knit mitties.  I found yellow yarn, pink yarn and a lovely pink and yellow mix.  I'm planning a double-knit argyle scarf to enter in the county fair next year.  Wish me luck.


On the way back, I made a pedestrian transit of a street that has been closed for re-paving, and walked right up the center of it.  It was great fun.  It was especially fun because all the heavy equipment operators were adorable stud muffins.  I mean, there was a baker's dozen of stud muffins.  I asked one lad if it was ok for me to walk in the middle of the street and he said, with blue eyes twinkling, "Hell yes.  I'd do it!  Just be careful around the equipment."

 "You mean I shouldn't play chicken with the steamroller?"

"We'd really rather you didn't.  They're so hard to clean." We both laughed and I strolled straight up the middle of the street like I owned it!

 So far today I have gotten in 3.25 miles , or 7289 steps, and the equivalent of twelve flights of stairs.  Yay me!

10 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Yea for you. Exercise is the only thing that will quiet the aches in my body, works better than ibuprofen.
    I don't know why ducks make me smile but they always do. Until I step in their poop, then for a brief moment, I hate ducks.

     
  • At 5:01 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I should be out walking too--I even have a pedometer. But today I'm stuck inside choosing vocabulary words :(

     
  • At 12:29 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

    "A baker's dozen of stud muffins." I love it. And they've got a sense of humor to boot.

     
  • At 5:04 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Go you! I only walked 1976 steps yesterday. :(

     
  • At 7:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am so dissappointed that you didn't take stud muffin pictures to share with us. Nuts to the squirell picture, I want abs, twinkling eyes and nice firm buttocks to admire. Good job on the walking bit.

     
  • At 7:40 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Go Roxie!! And what a great incentive to check out the construction (crews) each day. :)

     
  • At 10:20 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I see you walked right by the Pond House behind the library across the pond! I go there with Beth M. once a month for poetry readings!

     
  • At 4:36 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    We had a fitness competition last year at work. My pedometer kept resetting itself so I never knew how many steps I had taken. I think the fact that it was cheap plastic and that I kept dropping it on the floor might have had something to do with it.

     
  • At 12:35 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Good for you! I was looking for the picture of the stud muffins though. Guess I'll have to go look for my own :-)

     
  • At 10:33 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    That is excellent on the walking! And I saw one of those stud muffins today. They're so respectful, and yet SO purty!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home