Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, August 19, 2012

crazy quiltage

My dear friend LG and I have issued one another a challenge de sewing machine.  She has a friend who used to make costumes, and same friend gave her a box of fabric scraps.  We went through it. taking turns selecting bits, and cutting them in half.  She took one pile of halves, I took the other pile, and we are going to be making crazy quilts and comparing the results.  It's so fun to see how someone else  uses the same materials. So here we are with mostly reds.  It's a cat mat or a wall-hanging or a table covering or something.  I used embroidery floss and beads to embellish.  Sorry the focus is fuzzy.

8 Comments:

  • At 11:53 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    What a lucky cat he must be, who will get to lounge like a prince! Leo approves.

     
  • At 2:20 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    Love those bright colors. Krazy Kwilts

     
  • At 5:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I adore your wonderully embelleshed crazy quilt creations!

     
  • At 6:00 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    How fun! And, it's always interesting to see how different people use the same materials in different ways. Will your friend be posting her results too? It would be fun to see. :-)

     
  • At 9:40 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Cats and people will love these!

     
  • At 5:16 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Those are cute. Very vibrant.

     
  • At 10:04 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I love diving through scrap fabric bags. My maternal grandmother used to keep me well entertained with her scrap bag when I was a kid and I've been hooked ever since. You have some pretty scraps!!

     
  • At 10:36 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh, the best kind of crafting-- the fun kind!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home