Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, August 06, 2012

Knit on

I have been a busy little knitter the past few days, what with one thing and another.  I succumbed to the lure of that peculiar web-like yarn that makes those fast, fast ruffly scarves.  

Meh. 

It's fast, but fiddly and more expensive than fun.


Other than that, I've been working out of the odds-and-bobs bin.  It does help if you stick mostly to a single color palate. I like blues, greens, purples and pinks, so most of my leftovers play nicely with one another.  

I feel as if I had a vastly successful day today.  We have a three ring binder full of recipes pulled off the internet, recipes clipped out of the paper, hand-written notes for how to throw something together, and a few 3X5 cards, all shoved in together with no rhyme or reason.  I got it organized!  I typed up and printed off the newspaper recipes. I got everything slid into plastic sleeves andI even put in dividers to keep things in categories.  Appetizers, Breads, Cakes, Cookies, Main dishes, Soup, and Misc.  Lest this give you the wrong idea about how we eat, DH is a kitchen wizard who works without a book or a net and regularly turns out delicious meals.  I'm the one in constant search for the perfect cookie, the divine cake, the ultimate tea sandwich.  He cooks the meals.  I provide the flourishes.

So what do you think - knitting on Saturday:  Chocolate cake with cherry pie filling?  I have a cake tin that makes 6 little cakelets with a shallow depression in the top of each just fit for something  lovely to be spooned in.  And the bacon cookies went over well.  Maybe another batch of those.  Then peanut butter cookies to finish it off.  Yes, a good, solid spread.  Bake-on!

10 Comments:

  • At 3:57 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Someone at my guild meeting had a skein of that web-like yarn. My opinion was about the same as yours: meh.

     
  • At 9:16 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Got the recipes from my blog? I am missing all the goodies again as it is little Brogan's 4th birthday this Saturday and I help prepare!
    Oh, I got permission to put those recipes on my blog from publisher tho the book is out of print for years now.
    Thanks!

     
  • At 10:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Love your purply, bluish, pinkish hats and scarf. The knitting sounds wonderful, but I have about three other engagements scheduled for the same day. Kudos on the recipe printing.

     
  • At 4:47 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I used to dump a can of cherry pie filling into my chocolate cake mix while mixing it up. It made for very moist cakes with cherries. It was very good.

    I have to make a yellow cake with white frosting and coconut for kate's birthday this weekend. I'm hoping the weather will moderate somewhat if I have to use the oven.

     
  • At 8:38 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I like those hats, blue- pink works.

     
  • At 2:10 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Sounds like you'll be busy baking this week. Hopefully it will cool off a bit, so the house won't be a huge oven.

     
  • At 2:36 PM , Blogger mplanck said...

    My God, Roxie! You are so talented I am in awe. What beautiful creations you make! Amazing! Alice

     
  • At 2:11 AM , Blogger Maggie said...

    This season's Vogue Knitting has different ways to use those yarns, in collars, cuffs and as embellishment. Mmmmm, bacon cookies!

     
  • At 1:02 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I really like that top hat with the pink roll-up edge.

    And ANYthing with cherry pie filling in it sounds good to me.

     
  • At 10:56 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Roxie, do you work hats top-down when you have limited yarn? I'm looking for a managable circular cast on for a small # of stitches. Is there anythig easier than the Emily Ocker stand-by?
    Give my greeting to all at kniting - I'll be at Nahcotta.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home