Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, August 03, 2012

birdwalk

Yesterday, LG and I took another walk through another "green belt," in the midst of the city.Just a mile from my house in fact.  It's just amazing to me what a variety of birds and critters we have living right here with us.  We saw goldfinches amidst the thistles.  We saw stellar jays in the oaks and maples.  We saw a green heron down by the creek and watched him catch and eat a frog.  It was a tiny bit of awesome! We strolled about a mile through the woods, came out into a quiet neighborhood,wandered about half a mile to a coffeeshop, had a cup of tea, and retraced our path.  I just love these bird walks!

Today, I met with a new friend for a knitting lesson.  She wants to learn entrelac. We had a grand time sitting in a Starbucks for a few hours, talking about everything in the world, sipping the beverage of choice, and working on our knitting.  She was well started and good to go at the end of it, and I had done one of those ruffly boa scarves with the knitted ribbon yarn, start to finish.

And then I took some knitting on to enter in the county fair.  One of the goldfish hats, a triangle scarf with beads, and the purple garter-stitch sweater I just finished.

And THEN  I bought some pink bamboo yarn.  A friend of mine is going to be a grandpa for the second time.  His son and daughter-in-law are expecting a baby woman.  I e-mailed him and asked how much he would pay for a pair of eensy, teensy, hand-knit pink ruffly baby booties. ( I use them to bait the grandpa traps.) He e-mailed his answer, saying, "Devil woman!  Name your price!"

DH and I share the same e-mail address.  So he came  home from work, went on line, saw that our friend has sent us a message, and opened it.   "Devil woman! name your price."

DH turned to me and said, "Did you see the message from Ed?"

"No.  Does he want the baby booties?"

"Ah," said my darling husband, "Baby booties. Yes, I think he does."

3 Comments:

  • At 7:56 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    LOL Well, I can just imagine what he might have been thinking!

     
  • At 7:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    BAHAHA!! Using you knitterly wiles. Well played Roxie!!

     
  • At 6:53 PM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    I Love your blog. This one started my day off with a laugh and that's the best way to start a day.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home