Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I think it wants to rain

The thin overcast is thickening up and the air is getting that fat, humid feel to it.  Little brown birds are working the feeder really hard, as if they know they'll be driven to storm shelters in a few hours.  The bees are nipping the nectar like there's no tomorrow.  And I just finished watering the vegetables.  If I want it to rain,  I could go get my car washed - that's sure to bring it on.  Oh, or better yet, I could walk to the beauty shop for my haircut.  That will, fersure, bring on the deluge.  Nothing like a nice little half mile walk in the rain with no hat or jacket to make the elements conspire against you.  I can use the exercise.  Wish me luck.

Before I go, though, I want to recommend a book.  Kay Knorr has written Plucking One String and I just finished reading it. This book ought to be required reading for anyone who has to work on any sort of committee.  These Lutheran Ladies' Circle members are some of the people you will be working with.  Domineering, passive, batty, caught up in their own lives and losing sight of the big picture.  There's lots of laughs, lots of wisdom, a crazy old aunt, and tornado. What more can you ask?

It's available on Amazon and it's a good read.  It  even includes a recipe for Jello salad with marshmallows and cream cheese, and you can't get much more Lutheran than that.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Lucky you! The clouds are building over the mountains and deserts and teasing us but I don't think they're going to make it out to our area and give us rain. Oh well...maybe another day! Enjoy your summer rain! :-)

     
  • At 5:04 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    How was the hair cut?

     
  • At 8:58 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    I ordered the book on my Kindle. I think I've met these women LOL

     
  • At 4:44 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Our air feels like that this morning. Not a leaf is moving and there's a haze hanging over everything. No rain in the forecast, though. We did get a bit of wet weather this past week so I shouldn't complain but it's too little too late to help the poor plants.

    I'm living dangerously. I left the car window down an inch in the parking lot this morning. Talk about tempting the rain gods.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home