Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, July 20, 2012

Yet another hat

In an effort to use up leftovers, I am on a bit of a hat blitz.   I'm wanting to make something using multiple skeins of yarn, though.  But lordy, I don't need another sweater, DH doesn't wear sweaters since he feels the heat too much, and everyone we know who wants a sweater already has a sweater.  Well, something will come to me. It always does.  And in the meantime, itty bits of oddballs work nicely into hats.   
Today, I put on my big-girl walkies shoes, and took myself out for a hike.  Our medical plan had a free telephone app that will keep track of your time and route for you.  I did 3.17 miles in 55 minutes.  It was cool and overcast and just perfect for walking.  With no particular destination in mind, I wandered a bit.  The phone kept track via its GPS, and drew me a map of my route.  My phone did this.  When I say "phone," I think of the black thing with a rotary dial sitting on the end table in the living room of the old family home. It had a spiral cord to the hand set, and cables wired into the wall, and kids were not allowed to touch it. At all. Ever. I was 13 years old when I was first allowed to use the phone.  Now, my phone takes pictures, tracks my perambulations, tells me the weather forecast, keeps track of my caloric intake and shows me movies.  The mind boggles.

TW asked how long it took the wasps to set up laval housing on my car antenna.  I really don't know.  How often do you check YOUR car antenna?  I'm quite sure I could have been driving around for weeks without disturbing the cells.  I really couldn't tell you the last time I looked at my car antenna.   I am now casting a hairy eyeball around the house, searching for other brood chambers.  And I have GOT to go rip out morning glory vines in the back yard.  But before that, I think I'll take a little nap. Ah, the joys of retirement.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:10 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    Cute hat! You're starting to give me hat knitting fever...they're fun projects to do because they're quick and rewarding.

    Yeah...isn't it amazing all the things a cell phone can do?! It boggles my mind too. Hubby wants to get me a fancier phone and all that "smart" phone/internet/ap stuff. I don't even know how to use all the stuff on my not so smart cell phone. It does sound fun though and more and more I'm thinking of how useful some of it would be.

    Your walk sounds wonderful...especially the overcast, cooler part. It's 102 in the shade here right now. Ugh!

     
  • At 4:58 PM , Blogger LA said...

    Those morning glories will take over if you're not careful!! LOL Hats are a great way to use up bits & pieces of yarn....way to go!!!!

     
  • At 10:27 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    The phone thing... my mind STILL boggles at how attached to mine I am!

     
  • At 5:20 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    will have to start calling you the hat lady and not the cat lady!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home