Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, July 07, 2012

What I did today

DH had to work today, so I took myself out onto the back porch, sat in the shade, and spun up a pound of alpaca fiber.  With an audio book going on my laptop, and a glass of iced tea at hand, I was flat out in heaven.  Ab-so-freaking-lutely.  The steady, rhythmic motion of spinning is entrancing, as in, it puts one into a trance.  And the book carried my busy logical left brain quite away, so the time just - melted.  Twice I came to awareness of an urgent need to have a whizz, and was concerned because it seemed I had just left the bathroom.  Then both times I noticed that the sun had moved, the tea glass was empty, and it had been a good three hours since I Last sat down.  Well no wonder I needed to whizz again.

I also took a break for lunch. I had some spaghetti squash left over from the night before.  And I have a bottle of bacon-flavored syrup that I have never tried. So I drizzled a teaspoon of syrup over the squash and nuked it in the microwave for 30 seconds, then took a bite.

Each and every tastebud in my mouth individually and simultaneously achieved Nirvanah!  Swear to dog - did you see the TV footage of the 15 second San Diego fireworks display when they all went off at once?  It was like that only with a shower of pink orchids, angelic choirs and tiny flying silver unicorns.  You go find your own bacon syrup. This one is all mine!!  It's going on my oatmeal in the mornings for the rest of my life.  I'm going to the store on Monday to buy eleven more bottles of the stuff incase they ever run out when I need it. What else can I put it on?  Grits, milk toast, rice pudding, . . . . . .

11 Comments:

  • At 10:16 PM , Blogger Acorn to Oak said...

    I'm not sure about that bacon syrup...sounds kinda gross to me...lol But, your day sounds absolutely wonderful! What a great idea to listen to an audio book while you spin! Sounds like you had a very productive, fun, and relaxing day! A pound of fiber seems like quite an accomplishment for one day! :-)

     
  • At 1:42 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Bacon flavored syrup? New one to me. My husband would like it but he does not deserve it!
    Now I look forward to seeing what you make with all that alpaca yarn. Hope something nice for yourself.

     
  • At 3:34 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I'll leave the bacon syrup to you, but I envy you the day of spinning and an audio book - all to yourself. You are right. That is heaven.

     
  • At 10:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I promise to give you any and all bacon flavored syrup that I may encounter. A POUND of spinning?! Wow oh wow that's a lot of fresh yarn. Whatcha gonna do with it?

     
  • At 4:46 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Spinning is trance inducing. Listening to audio books and watching the whirr of the wheel just relax every part of my frazzled brain. I took my wheel to the park and enjoyed the sound/smell of the river and cursed the loud speed boats and explained to women of all ages that yes, indeed, people still spin.

    Our motto is "everything tastes better with bacon".

     
  • At 5:58 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Nope, haven't tried the bacon syrup. And don't tell Grilltech!

     
  • At 10:23 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    That sounds like a perfect day...and we will have to try the bacon syrup.

    Last time we made waffles, I made some with bacon bits sprinkled into them before closing the waffle iron and they were amazing.

     
  • At 8:11 PM , Blogger Tara said...

    I am now on a mission to find that syrup.

     
  • At 2:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is the most gorgeous color!!

     
  • At 2:29 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    I like that day. I intend to have one like it as soon as I get home. Except I might add a black and white dog and replace spaghetti squash with ice cream.

     
  • At 10:34 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    LOL-- actually, that sounds just heavenly on squab... nom!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home