Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, May 06, 2012

Sweetness

 We had a marvelous dinner in the Canneletto restaurant onboard.  They charge $10 extra, but then they give you all the wine you want for free so it evens out. And with dessert, they bring you a plate of cotton candy!
 I love the cotton candy!  It makes me laugh.  I'm not going to run out and buy some, but it makes such a fun surprise!
Here is the beautiful silk coat DH bought me in Lahaina.  I  totally love it!
And here I am dressed for the last formal night I'm wearing my flower hatband as a coronet because DH makes me feel like the queen of love and beauty.

And now we are onboard the Amtrack, wending out way home.  The cruise to and from Hawaii was predominantly geriatric.  Saturday, most of them dis-embarked and an entirely different group came aboard for the one-night cruise to Seattle.There were at least three bachelorette parties with brides to be wearing wedding veils.  One had a flamingo-pink tiara with sequins and the message, "It's all about ME!"  Another had a sweetly draped  white coronet set with little flamingo-pink penises.  I wonder where I could get some of these?

 It was fascinating to see what some people thought was appropriate dress for dinner.  One young lady showed up in a black mini- dress that did not quite reach the seat of her chair when she sat.  This was worn with beat-up knee-high black engineer boots and unshaven bare legs.  One of the bachelorette parties pulled out their prom dresses for one more go around.  The giggle quotient in their vicinity was extreme.  Several young men had to be turned away when they tried to enter the dining room in flip-flops, shorts, and tank tops.  NOT "smart casual"

The moon was glorious last night: big and bright and so close.  I woke when it shone through the window, then I woke at 5 and watched it set.  But now, riding along on the rocking Amtrack, I'm nodding, nodding off.  ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

11 Comments:

  • At 3:56 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    What a great trip.
    LOVE your silk coat, and the pouting shot in your formal gear. What a great way to have fun!

     
  • At 8:37 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    The jacket is so lovely! You should come to Chrysalis to show it off.
    I think the lounging photo of you in blue should be enlarged and hung on your wall!

     
  • At 9:46 PM , Anonymous Patricia Lichen said...

    Oh yeah! What great photos! And what a fabulous trip--thanks for taking us along with you.

     
  • At 4:38 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    The coat is glorious. I love the feeling of silk. Pk brought me a silk robe from Singapore when he was in the Navy. It felt like a small bit of heaven.

    A tiara with little penises. Who in the world thought of that?

     
  • At 5:18 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    That last shot of yours, totally rocks!

     
  • At 7:49 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    I love cruising vicariously with you and you do it with panache!

     
  • At 7:56 AM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Another fabulous holiday. I love travelling with you on your holidays! Love the jacket too! Oooohh I'll have to dig out those photos of us in the Chinese Gardens in Sydney ... remember. Hope the kitties still love you both :)

     
  • At 10:28 AM , Anonymous tlbw said...

    Are you sure those flamingo-pink objects were't just flamingoes? After all, you'd had all the wine you wanted for free...

     
  • At 11:50 AM , Blogger sophanne said...

    You've got "the Pose" going on!

    I want to be you when I grow up. Or now.

     
  • At 5:50 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    You look like a Grecian goddess on that couch - and you look great in blue!!

     
  • At 8:44 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    This silk coat is stunning-- and you're gorgeous. And, uhm, bachelorettes... the word alone conjures giggles and penis veils.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home