Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Wednesday morning

This is the season when a friend sings a minor and morose dirge- like song called, "The rhododendrons are in bloom." among other things, he laments   "Soon the air will fill with pollen.  Then your nose and eyes will be swollen."  These hardy Himilayan transplants have settled in quite happily along with their little cousins the azaleas, and if you have any tendency to allergies, these babies will sock it to you.  But no one can deny the vivid, vibrant beauty of their blooms. A well-groomed azalea hedge will establish a wall of fuchsia beside your front porch, and the Rhododendron test gardens in our neighborhood have gone mad with every color you can imagine. For Mother's Day, the gardens will be inundated by good adult children bringing mom out for a treat.  Right after the brunch buffet at the local all-you-can-eat gustatorium. And I know that's sure where I want to go on the one day a month I see my kids. If I had kids which I don't and it's just as well.  I would be a pain in the butt as a mom.  Seriously.  My kids would rather live on the street than move back in with me.  Heck, even the cats are always trying to get away.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:58 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    I don't have kids either!

    Why I feel the need to proclaim that in the comments, I'm not sure, but it felt good.

     
  • At 4:40 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    We went out only once when my oldest daughter was a baby. It was my first mother's day and it was hell on wheels. Crowded and loud and did I say crowded? I promised myself Never Again.

    Now, my favorite thing to do on Mother's Day is just to BE and to spend time with the girls. This year we're having brunch (I think) and then going to the park for some spinning and knitting in the fresh air and a picnic dinner. It sounds just about perfect to me. Especially since I have it on good authority that there will be CAKE!

    and btw, I think you would have been an amazing mother.

     
  • At 5:10 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Pollen is in the air. Happy Spring!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home