Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, October 17, 2011

Post knitting

The tea was lovely.Lots of happy women with lots of comfortable talk and love.  The set up was quite nice, if I do say so myself, but the pictures came out lousy.  Over exposed, under exposed and blurred.  I used my new little vase/napkin rings with little yellow and brown Peruvian lilies.  That was at 6 places.  Green and gold beaded napkin rings for 4 other places and wooden napkin rings at the ends.  Fruit themed round plates alternated with sage green square plates. (I had the square plates set on point.  A retired accountant sat at one of those places, and promptly turned the plate to be square with the edge of the table ;-)  Dark brown tablecloth.  Khaki or brown napkins. The two  three-tiered serving stands loaded with cookies and cakes, and between them, the cake plate bearing green and red grapes, surrounding a small vase holding five red roses.  Very dark and rich and opulent.  And because every tea party needs some chocolate, a scattering of assorted Lindor balls.  All in all, quite a successful party.

I give some credit to the subliminal messages in my red wall, though.  Pat thinks I should do a post on the red wall, butI've pretty much already told you all about it. You paint the wall with flat paint, then mix the remaining paint with high gloss glaze.  Cut out stencils of words you want to express.  My dining room has, "Eat, enjoy, talk, listen, laugh, love."  In the bedroom, it says, "Yes!" over and over with stars and hearts.  Tape the stencils to the wall, and paint over them with the high gloss paint. When you are done, pull off the letters.  They will show as matte next to the glossy. It will only show in the right light, but the words are there all the time, visible subliminally.

LG stayed and helped me with the dishes, bless her dear, dear heart, and then I sat sown to rest a bit.   The longer I sat, the more clear it became to me that I have caught DH's cold.This is the crappy cold with a fever that makes you feel like you have been wrung out like a washcloth and draped over the side of the bucket to dry.  By the time Dh got home from work (he had to work this weekend - blast it!) I was in full blown sinus flood and misery.  So do be warned, all you ladies who trustingly came to my party - Quite un-intentionally, you have been exposed.

I slept all day yesterday.  I've spent most of today in beads well.  I hope to get dressed tomorrow.  Maybe.

And unfortunately, being sick has never killed my appetite.  I am throwing myself on leftover tea treats like there is no tomorrow.  Seven cranberry oatmeal cookies is not the same as a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. I don't have the strength to just throw the stuff out, and DH Hasn't been remembering to take it to work with him.  Do you think three apple cake cupcakes could count as one small apple for WeightWatchers?  No, Ididn't think so either.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Sadly, I have to concerr that the apple muffins indeed do not count for an apple. If we could make those switch outs, I'd have consumed an entire cocoa berry harvest this past week.

    Please feel better soon.

     
  • At 6:08 PM , Blogger Sheeprustler said...

    Cranberry oat cookies sound so much nicer though! Get well soon :)

     
  • At 4:58 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    (hugs) Hope you feel better soon

    Sounds like a lovely party.

     
  • At 6:27 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    I don't have anything to say since you already know I wish I lived closer to you. I like you.

     
  • At 7:39 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I think 3 apple cake cupcakes count as 2 apples and a bowl of nuts. But that is just MY opinion!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home