Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Eureka!

 Ha!It took about seventeen steps, but I finally got photos onto the blog!!  Here is DH in the Jade suite we got as a free upgrade at the Pan Pacific Hotel.  This is just the sitting room area.  There's also a separate bedroom, a bath and a half, a kitchen area, and a secluded little vanity perfectly lighted to apply makeup.

I sing the praises of PanPacific!  Even the bellhop makes eye contact and seems genuinely interested in your comfort and contentment.
And this is the balcony of the Jade suite.  Immense!  And whadda view!  I spent many a happy daydream imagining weddings held out here.
Then , for something completely different, the view from our shipboard cabin.  Yes, we look directly out on to the lifeboat we have been assigned to.  Hey, we booked an inside cabin, so this is an upgrade.  Natural light, a view of the sky, and the occasional entertainment of watching the crewmen washing things down or painting them up.
 Tea at the Empress in Victoria, BC .  Beautiful china!  Crisply ironed napkins, perfect tea and yummies to devour. It was such a civilized experience!
I wore this same black dress every night, so had to think of how to make it look different.  Beth Miles made me a necklace to go with my red cardigan.  I asked for a necklace that says, "Look at ME!" so no one would notice that ". .. it's that same damn dress again.  Doesn't that woman own anything else?"  The necklace is so very right for me.  I love it!  And nobody noticed my dress.

Knitting here on Saturday.  The theme is harvest.  Pumpkin bars, apple cake, grapes, figs if I can find them, and chicken with rosemary quichlettes.  I hope.

11 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM , Blogger LA said...

    The lovely thing about a perfect black dress is that you change the effect when you change the accessories. You are so smart! What a wonderful trip!

     
  • At 5:37 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    Hurrah! Photos! Looks amazing. And I love the red necklace. Stunning!

     
  • At 8:14 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    The necklace is so lovely! And is that your twin sister?
    I have seen shows where they say you just need one nice black dress, then change it up with jewelry, belts, scarves, various types of jackets, ...lots of looks from one dress!

     
  • At 1:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OooooH. thanks for posting pics. Did you want to stay in the Jade for a week and lollygag about your spacious rooms? This sounds like a wonderful trip. You wear the necklace and beads well. Can't wait to hear more about it on Saturday.

     
  • At 5:47 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    What an amazing trip. You talked about it, but wow.

     
  • At 8:31 AM , Blogger Tim Young said...

    wow..I love the view from the Jade suite. What a fun adventure.

     
  • At 7:23 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    Awesome, great to see your cruise pics too!! I think your cruise was a bit fancier than ours :)

     
  • At 5:06 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    The beauty of a black dress is that no one really looks at it. They look at the accessories and your red sweater and that necklace (!) get all the attention.

    What a lovely suite. Sometimes I think the hotel rooms should be the destination.

     
  • At 9:33 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    I just CAN NOT get over the accommodations upgrade. And the view is just amazing. You can sure travel in style, m'lady!

     
  • At 10:35 AM , Blogger mplanck said...

    Better late than never, my mother used to say. So I'm late in reading this post but love the photos and the text. Love that necklace and you look perfect next to that Victorian minx. :-) Seeing the picture of the tea service brought back happy memories when my daughter (then 11) and I visited Victoria, stayed at the Empress, and partook of the tea. As Bob Hope used to say; "Thanks for the memories." Alice

     
  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Classy accommodations for a classy couple-- and didn't you look glam! The red dressup was mag and generally? I can't think of a couple of people who more deserved to be royalty.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home