Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

diddit!

It took four and a half solid hours, but I got ten months worth of paperwork properly filed.  Whew!  My brain is wrung out.  And I got in my ten thousand steps, because I had to spread out on the dining room table with the leaves pulled out,(and use the sideboard as well) then walk the finished piles in to the office to stick them in the file cabinet.  I pretty much filled a recycling bin with expired coupons, and the advertising shoved in with bills, and had to empty the shredder twice from all those credit card applications.  (I use the shredded paper as mulch, then cover with a thin layer of "beauty bark.")

I changed the sheets, and, thanks to my wonderful robot servants, I also got an entire week's worth of laundry done, and washed the dishes. Then I took the bottles to the store to recycle, used the change to buy a bottle of Ivory liquid for cheap bubblebaths, took in drycleaning, picked up drycleaning, mailed packages, folded and put away a week's worth of laundry, took down the curtains and washed them, and started planning for the knitter's tea.

My theme this month is Harvest.  I'll have apple cake, pumpkin cookie bars, oatmeal cookies, grapes, (and if I can find them, figs) and rosemary/chicken quichelettes.  MLR gave me some gorgeous fruit-themed china, and this is the perfect time to use it!

I got photos off my phone, and onto the laptop.  Now to get them onto the blog.  Wish me luck!!

8 Comments:

  • At 7:12 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Note to self: go on cruise so I return home motivated to get lots of chores accomplished. Note to self, two: don't let ten months of papers pile up!

    You're my hero, Roxie!

     
  • At 11:00 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I am so glad all that filing and the other chores are wiped clean off your list. My problem is that the list seems to start growing again as soon as it is cleaned up!

     
  • At 9:23 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    I got tired just reading this. :)

     
  • At 12:15 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    I'm tired just reading your blog! What a great feeling to have all that filing done. Wish I could the same about mine. Perhaps your energy and determination to finish will become contagious.

     
  • At 4:41 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    What a busy woman you were. I often have days like that which are followed by days of sloth. It all evens out in the end.

     
  • At 5:03 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Harvest theme? We've got some wonderful aaple meade that fit right in.

     
  • At 8:25 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    You ARE a marvel-- wow-- go on a cruise, come home and conquer the world!

     
  • At 10:30 AM , Blogger mplanck said...

    You are such a dynamo that, like Lisa, I was exhausted just reading your list. Amazing! I am in total awe. Alice

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home