Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

scrapping up

Piecing busily, I have finished another scrappy quilt.  Actually, I have the front and back center of yet another quilt pulled together as well - turquoise, lime and avacado on one side, wheat, brown and cranberry on the other.  They both need borders to bring them up to bed size.  No rush, though.  I have lots of fabric and lots of time.


Tomorrow, I initiate baking frenzy for the Saturday soiree.  Gingersnaps, lemon merengues, angelfood cake.  Friday I make the melonballs, and the guacamole for the BLATs (Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado and Tomato sandwiches) and toast the bread . . . make iced tea, stage the buffet setups, mumble, mumble .. .

Saturday morning, move extra furniture out, set up the buffet,  plate and put out cookies, cake, put together sandwiches, make hot tea, put out iced tea, sparkling cider, melon balls, get chalk and write on garage door, "Come around back  > > >"  Take a deep breath, enjoy the party!

It's supposed to be the hottest day of the year on Saturday.  If we need to, we can just grab everything and move into the house with the air conditioning.  My friends are flexible and fun.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:08 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Enjoy your hot party!

    Oh, in honor of you and in support of all things Roxie, I sprained my ankle last week. Just wanted to join you...

     
  • At 7:21 PM , Anonymous Janette said...

    Oh I love your quilt!

    Have a wonderful day Saturday, as I'm sure everyone will, even if it is going to be the hottest day.

     
  • At 4:44 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    It sounds yummy and very light and summery. What a lovely end of summer lunch.

    We're scheduled for rain. Again. I keep reminding myself that at least we won't have to worry about drought conditions this year.

     
  • At 5:08 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Yummy! Now I want to make a road trip.

     
  • At 5:19 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    BLAT's sound good!

    So, what is hot for you guys?

     
  • At 7:47 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    It WAS hot on Saturday-- and humid too! But your quilt looks cool and lovely, and lady, you ARE VERY busy!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home