Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, September 05, 2011

another knit

A longwhile ago, I got some pink and grey silk and wool roving and added it to the stash. In time, I spun some delightful thick and thin grey yarn and added it to the yarn stash.  Recently,  I needed something fairly mindless to knit, so I began mitered squares with the soft pink and grey silk and merino yarn.  So soft.  It needs to be a scarf.  five feet of scarf later, I see lots more  yarn and decide to do my other favorite thing which is to add a ruffle.  One ruffle was good, and two, which just finished off the yarn, was even better.  Now, the scarf goes into the finished objects stash.  Probably off to the orphange.  If I decide to keep it for gifting, I might bead the edges. 

But for now, I'm making a hat for my brother-in-law the scout master.  Again, I went stash diving.  This time I pulled out a skein I bought because it was a colorway that I never buy. Time to stretch my creativity.  I usually go with pink, blue, purple, so I bought some Iron River Ranch hand dye in yellow, green and a teensy bit of orange.  For some reason, it makes me think of dinosaurs, so I am knitting a dinosaur hat for the beloved BIL.  Stay tuned for photos.

Also on the schedule, The darling Ms, LG brought over some scrap fabric from the stash clearance of a friend of hers.  I adore other people's scraps.  Again, colors I would never choose.  Especially lime, avacado and turquoise.  Time to whip together another quilt!   I have one quick and dirty stripper in shades of blue to finish off, and then, play with new colors!! Woohoo!

7 Comments:

  • At 2:05 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Turquoise is such a lovely color!
    I am sure whatever you make will be gorgeous!

     
  • At 6:47 PM , Anonymous Janette said...

    The scarf is simply lovely.

    The upcoming quilt in lime, avocado and turquoise sound gorgeous - some of my favourite colours (I'm unable to choose just one)!

     
  • At 5:38 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Nice scarf. Someone will love it.

     
  • At 1:50 PM , Blogger grins said...

    A Canadian author said your advise was exactly right. FYI liked your fair article

     
  • At 4:03 PM , Blogger grins said...

    I already did it when you told me. see pirates of pontoon.

     
  • At 10:50 AM , Blogger mplanck said...

    You are so talented, Roxie! I am in awe. Alice

     
  • At 7:48 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love that you just pick up the needles and knit... you're amazing!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home