Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, September 17, 2011

ready for the rain

The rain has started again.  Last Saturday was over 90 degrees, today, we'll be lucky to make it to 70.  Fly nags me until I take him to every door and open it for him.  He thinks Summer is still hiding somewhere out there.  But no, there is rain behind every door.

Often there will be a parting kiss of summer in early October, then the water year opens for business and the omnipresent rain will begin again.

So I have been sewing - a comforting thing to do when it rains.  Listening to Terry Potter's Wee Free Men and crafting quilts for the orphans.  Here's the green side.  This is fabric given to me by LG.  It's a lot of fun to use someone else's palette.


And here's the brown side.  And still, pounds of fabric sing to me, promising to keep orphans warm and well loved in places all over the world.  I need to get more thermal layers.  Old blankets, or bags of batts.  Time to shop!

 Leftovers never go to waste.  Here's scraps from the green side, creating a new tea cozy.
And here's the red side of the tea cozy, because JoAnne's had a 40% off for seniors day, and I couldn't help myself.  I should have bought batting, but I need a new tea cozy to go with my new big teapot, and I wanted a red one!

7 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM , Blogger sophanne said...

    I can't wait to start to learn to do the things you do.

     
  • At 10:29 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You do some amazing work.

    I was wondering, what did you end up doing with the accidental dyed table cloth?

     
  • At 11:12 AM , Blogger LA said...

    My, my....you've been very busy! Love the color combinations (quilt & tea cozy!) Isn't it nice to have great things to do when it rains!

     
  • At 11:44 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    It isn't making it to 70 here today either and it's overcast. No rain though.

    I stole your "I was skateboarding" excuse for my sprained ankle. My students have been highly amused.

    Lovely quilts!

     
  • At 4:55 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Fall is sticking its foot in our door, too. I know summer will be back for a visit but the cool nights let me know she is mostly gone for good. It's not necessarily rainy (although we have had more than our fair share of the rain lately), but cool and comfortable.

    I will admit, I miss the full on sun of the summer and the heat. My old joints like the heat.

     
  • At 12:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    YOu are the best inspiration and gift among friends there could ever be.

     
  • At 8:33 AM , Blogger mplanck said...

    What beautiful, colorful things you make; stitchery, words and observations! Thanks for sharing. Alice

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home