Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Life goes on

Thank God the day has passed.  "Remember!" screams the news media.  "Remember, remember!" As if we could ever forget.

Our knitting was on the last hot day of summer.  Hot, for us is when it gets over 90.  And around here, we don't get humidity without precipitation, so it's usually a dryish heat.  Yesterday, a marine low moved in, and temps got into the mid 70s  Ahhhh!  And with that full moon, I want to drag the Darling Husband outside and neck in the pavillion.

His co-workers are getting teaparty leftovers,  Yesterday, the brownies went.  Today, the gingersnaps.  Like locusts, they will eat anything, so tomorrow might bring them stale angelfood cake.  I'm keeping the lemon merengues.  I drank strong leftover green tea all day yesterday and was vibrating slightly by 4 pm.  No more caffeine after 3 for me. Buzzzzz!

It is fascinating to me how many of  us have experienced contact with spirits that have passed on.  And I struggled to decide on just about every word or phrase in that sentence.  Almost as if there isn't exactly a vocabulary for the experiences.  As one of the gals at knitting said, "It's for you.  It doesn't matter if other people don't understand."

4 Comments:

  • At 4:16 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    No more afternoon caffeine for me either. It sucks getting older.

     
  • At 4:46 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I'm often reluctant to tell others about the spirit experience. It makes me sound a little crazy. But I know what I saw and you can blame it on grief or sleeplessness or whatever, but Kubla was there in front of me.

    And oddly enough, I treasure that memory as much as any other.

     
  • At 12:47 AM , Blogger grins said...

    Interesting about ghost nomenclature.
    At the bottom of curmudgeon blog is an entry called a dark and stormy night. I wrote a frame work for keeper there.

    I could drip it through the story or lay it out there. It still leaves lots of worlds to go to. What do you think?

     
  • At 9:03 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Yeah-- but maybe it's a mistake to try to define too much about the spirit world... it makes the place small when it's anything but.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home