Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Home again, home again, clickety clack

AmTrak runs a  decent operation.  We got our tickets processed, our bag checked, our seats located and we are now on the last leg of the journey.  (The trip from the trainstation to the car park will be the ankle of the trip, and the drive from the carpark to the house will be the final toes - right? "And this little piggy has to stop at the grocery store to get something for lunch tomorrow, and this little piggy needs to feed the cats, and this little piggy is going to bed!")

We spent a great deal of yesterday hanging out in the room.  The view was fantastic!  we could watch the rain and hail squalls march across the harbor.  The snow-covered mountains played hide and seek in the clouds.  Boats and seaplanes and freighters came and went.  The hotel provided binoculars so we could check out everything in greater detail.  Seagulls and ducks and one grumpy pigeon flew past the window. At sunset, someone fired a cannon in the park across the way.  DH's back is better. 

Not expecting a bathtub, I hadn't packed bubblebath, but the hotel provided L'Occitane bath foofoos, and lemon verbena shower gel makes marvelous bubbles in the tub.  I took both bars of soap, as well as the mini shampoo and conditioner.

Oh wow!  We just passed a bald eagle sitting in a tree by the track!  If you take the Vancouver to Seattle trip, you need to make sure you're in the side by the water!!  It's lovely under today's heavy clouds, and on a sunny day it would be stunning!  There's the ocean!  there's the ocean! Wow, oh wow!! 

7 Comments:

  • At 8:16 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    That's why I always take the train from home to San Diego whenever I can. The ocean is right there outside the train window!

     
  • At 6:36 PM , Blogger sophanne said...

    We took that trip one summer-it was amazing-we saw a bald eagle carrying a fish in his mouth. You'll need to get a cannon to fire in case husbands back goes out again.

     
  • At 6:55 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    Sounds like you had a great time!

     
  • At 4:49 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    There is something truly awe inspiring about the ocean. Whenever I get down to the shore, I just stand there and feel like I can really breathe. Being deep in the woods does the same thing. I feel like I can relax and let go. Hmmmm, maybe I should ditch it all and move to a cabin in the woods. I could raise a few sheep, some chickens.......

    But I'd still want a paycheck. I wonder how to make that work?

     
  • At 5:40 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    What a great trip.

     
  • At 3:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Welcome home, Roxie and DH!! Sounds as though you've had a wonderful getaway. The kitties will be or are smiling. Alice

     
  • At 5:50 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love it when you pamper yourself--and I'm glad DH is feeling better:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home