Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, November 11, 2010

more rain, more 'shrooms

Fungi are such fascinatingly fecund little fellers.








When I show up for work on Wednesday, I havve to park in the back lot and walk through the woods. I rather startled a young man who came upon me squatting behind a bush, concentrating and muttering with effort. Then he saw the camera in my hands, and instead of thinking I was taking a dump, was merely puzzled at the peculiar subject of my photography.

But aren't these just the coolest things?
And some of them are so well camoflaged! I was looking around, trying to find different fungi, my eye fell on the log and I thought "There oughta be some there. Rotting logs are good fungal nurseries" And at the third glance, I finally spotted these. From the top, they look like layers of fallen leaves.


this one is cupping up it's edges. I've knit doilies that did the same thing.




Here is one of my favorite benches on campus. Last week, it was very October and gold. Yesterday, all November. After I snapped the photo, I went and shuffled through the red leaves to hear what they had to say. They suggested that I go hibernate while the getting was good.
Veterans' Day. Thank a veteran for taking care of you. DH is a veteran and is taking the day off. We will visit the grave of the guy who introduced us, then I will bake cakes and cookies, and set the table in preparation for Saturday's soiree. DH will play World of Warcraft and think his own thoughts. Bless all vets.



2 Comments:

  • At 12:52 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Very interesting pictures. I pass a house that cut down a tree, and there is now a ring of mushrooms growing in the middle of the lawn.

     
  • At 3:39 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Thank DH for me, please-- I am must humbly grateful.

    And you are an awesome and amazing woman-- did you ever stop to think that maybe mushrooms curled up on the tops so that fairies might not fall off when they were using them to sit upon?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home