Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

After we left

That planning meeting I was telling you about last post? DH and I left before the really interesting part. Someone with access to a plane, helicopter or ultralite took photos of the property in question. The property owners were petitioning for a variance in the zoning law to allow them to do "Industrial composting" as well as build that biodiesel plant. The photos show that, against all zoning laws, they have already begun the industrial composting (with wastewater sinking into the watertable.) They have piles of combustible debris within feet of the tree line. (forest fire hazard!) They have container trucks using the rural road to bring loads of garbage in to the composting facility. (wear and tear on the road is gonna be wicked. It's not built for that kind of traffic.) And all of this is carefully hidden behind the forested part of the property. Evidently these are people who feel it is better to ask forgivness than to ask permission. I'm all in favor of biodiesel, but this is the wrong place and the wrong way to go about it. Sometimes, "Not in my backyard" IS the appropriate response.



Meantime, I have been using up some donated acrylic yarn to make hats.

A baby beanie - pale pink.














An ivory helmet that will warm your ears and the back of your neck.










A baby bonnet. Awwwww.











And to celebrate achieving lifetime status at Weight Watchers, I bought myself a pair of socks from Dave Daniels at Cabin Cove. The color name is "Firestorm" and I loves them most warmly!





A Canadian friend has just undergone prostate surgery, so I am currently knitting him a Peter Parka. Want photos of the progress?

4 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I'm sure the guys won't want pictures of the parka until it's done.

     
  • At 6:11 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Love the CC socks, they are amazing and beautiful. Not loving that the jerks started the biodiesel processing without asking, I hope they get busted. Is the Peter Parka different from a Willie Warmer? It sounds like a type of cape.

     
  • At 4:10 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Lovely socks! The ivory helmut will make some future British Barrister very proud to wear. :)

     
  • At 11:16 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    And don't you deserve them! For all you do for others? I think those lovely socks were definitely made for you:-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home