Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, November 08, 2010

brag

So yesterday (Sunday) we were going nowhere and had nothing planned. I was slopping around the house in my "fat" jeans. Walked past the mirror and noticed just how big they really were. Stood in front of DH and said, "Guess how much weight I've lost."

"You've lost a lot of weight." he said.

I hooked my thumbs into the front pockets of the jeans and, without touching button or zipper, pulled them right off. Luckily, we had nothing planned for the rest of the day . . .

It hailed today. It hailed in stripes. In one block, the hail fell so thick and heavy that you couldn't see the yellow line in the road. Two blocks away, there was no hail on the ground at all. Another block further on, the ground was white, and the street was wet. And now the sun is shining like it was July. Makes me crazy.

But I do love that extra hour of sleep on Sunday! Yayyy! It'll take a while to get the cats reset to the new time schedule, though. I'll have to sit down and explain things to them.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:40 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Braggart!

     
  • At 4:07 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Go Roxie!

     
  • At 5:05 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Pk loves buckwheat pancakes and we once had a whole front yard filled with buckwheat growing into 12 inch plants. The neighbors thought it was weird but it was a way of organically fertilizing the yard.

    Our weather is odd, too. It's cold and then warm and raining and then sunny. I just figured it was fall here in the Middle Atlantic States.

    Congratulations on losing the weight! (and the after effects seem to be worth all the sacrifice!)

     
  • At 5:15 PM , Blogger LA said...

    Congratulations on your weight loss!!! Good for you!

     
  • At 6:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Good on ya!! I've got jeans like that - thank goodness for a sturdy leather belt I can still wear them around home.

     
  • At 4:51 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Being able to take your jeans off without unbuttoning or unzipping them is a nice feeling, isn't it?

    Congrats on all the weight lost. May it never find you again.

     
  • At 12:11 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    *woot* Congratulations on both counts!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home