Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, November 14, 2010

make one - or two


Hat knitting is so comfortably mindless. I started this at the top, increased till it looked big enough for a kid, and k2p2 till it was long enough. Into the box for the orphange.

then I grabbed the last of the cammo-colored fiber heide gave me, the last of the blue and yellow yarn, and a crochet hook. I crocheted over the fiber till I ran out of yarn, then used a much bigger crochet hook to finish off the last of the fiber. Very fluffy and thermal!


Walked away from my camera for a few moments. Returned to find Squirrell trying to take her own picture.

Yes, she looks out of focus. That's because she's awake. She stops moving when she sleeps. Otherwise . . .

5 Comments:

  • At 6:36 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Amazingly brilliant kitty to figure out how to use the camera!

    Love those hats. I think I could just keep on making those Sweet Eleanor hats all day...

    Re: cotton yarn--I'll let you know. It's an experiment in finding out what he can wear comfortably, what will wash and dry well and what will stand the ravages of preschool-aged boys.

     
  • At 6:05 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Squirrel is such a sweetie. Are the others treating her better yet? I think we need an update.

     
  • At 5:50 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Be happy she's only figured out how to work the camera. Uggy knows how to order stuff off the internet.

     
  • At 11:57 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    The hats are lovely--and innovative--and I ahve to say, I'm glad to see squirrel is still with you. I know you were having doubts for a while, and I've got a soft spot for hollow, limp little she-cats who can't be pinned down.

     
  • At 8:10 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Nothing like an off kilter kitty to make me smile. Thanks Squirrel ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home